My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illus. Dr. Rex R. Hutchens Passes Away

by Christopher Hodapp

Freemasonry has lost another of our legendary giants. Word has come today that Illus. Rex R. Hutchens, 33°, Past Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Arizona in 2006, and author of A Bridge To Light, has passed away.

I first met Rex in person back in 2010 at the Rocky Mountain Masonic Conference in Albuquerque when Art DeHoyos, Rex and I were the speakers for the program – you can see from this group photo of the three of us that I was at least allowed to be in the same room with this powerhouse pair of brain boxes.

Rex's reputation for speaking exactly what was on his mind was well-deserved: after my presentation, he observed, "Well, I guess you really aren't a dumbass, after all."

Praise indeed from Rex.

I have no obituary or details of funeral arrangements yet, but I will attempt to update this post as I receive them – I'm guessing Monday at the soonest when businesses reopen. We are currently sitting in Shamrock, Texas with spotty Internet access as we head for our annual Christmas gathering in Southern California, but I will post details as soon as possible.

His column is broken and his brethren mourn.

Requiescat in pace.

Continue reading...