My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm The Guy

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
guy.png

I'm the guy who asked to join your organization. I'm the guy who paid his dues to join. I'm the guy who stood up in front of all of you and promised to be faithful and loyal.
I'm the guy who came to your meetings and no one paid any attention to. I tried several times to be friendly to some of the fellows, but they all had their own buddies they talk to and sat next to.
I sat down several times but no one paid any attention to me. I hoped very much that somebody would have asked me to take part in a fund raising project or something, but no one saw my efforts when I volunteered.

I missed a few meetings after joining because I was sick and couldn't be there. No one asked me at the next meeting where I had been. I guess it didn't matter very much to the others whether I was there or not.
The next meeting I decided to stay home and watch TV. The following meeting I attended, no one asked me where I was when the last meeting was held.
You might say I'm a good guy, a good family man who holds a responsible job, loves his community, and his country.
You know who else I am? I'm the guy who never came back!

It amuses me when I think back on how the heads of the organization and the members were discussing why the organization was losing members.
It amuses me now to think that they spent so much time looking for new members when I was there all the time.
All they needed to do was make me feel needed, wanted and welcome!

Author Unknown

widows son

Premium Member
Just another factor to the possible decline of masonry, which i hope i never ever see, but the younger generation hopefully will make a difference and raise masonry to its rightful place

jwhoff

Premium Member
Masonry is living on the meniscus.

It's much like your favorite jeans getting to tight when you were a kid.

That discomfort was a sure sign you were growing after all.

Boys, if you aren't uncomfortable most of the time you aren't experiencing much growth.

Thanks Brother Blake for shoving us all to the edge on this topic.

Last edited: