My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Initiated, passed, and now RAISED!!

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Well, the day has finally come and gone. Last night I was raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason. I cannot tell you how much this journey has changed me as a person. Of course most of you already knew what I just found out. This has been the best journey. Last night was an amazing experience and I cannot thank all the Brothers that have helped me on my journey enough. While last night was a big step I know that it is not my final step. There are many, many things that still need to be attended to and lots of work to be done. Once I get through the memory work associated with this degree I will feel much better. Then from there the sky is the limit. I am looking forward to the rest of this journey now that the prep work is done. Looking back I know that what at times seemed so daunting was probably the some of the easiest times. I am still in awe of what I have seen, heard, and accomplished. It is such a great feeling. I want to thank all of the Brothers here also because it is you that helps keeps the fires burning and driving me forward. I received a great deal of gifts last night from the Brethern but I think that the two things I looked forward to the most was that white, lambskin apron and that dues card! Well, those and the pretty sweet knife that one of the Brothers gave me.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
You know it seemed like on one hand it took forever but yet at the same time it seemed to fly by. You will make it Brother. If I can do it I know anyone can. Patience is the key.

choppersteve03

Premium Member
Congrads brother brent,and welcome to the sublime degree. There is so much to study out there, so get to work and brighten up yourself.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I am working on it as we speak. One of the good things about my job is that when I am not teaching a class I have nothing to do. Right now I am going to school full time and since my work for the week is done I am looking for further light and reading a few papers on Masonry. Needless to say it is a good day so far!

cemab4y

Premium Member
May I add my congratulations! You seemed to have grasped one of the most important lessons, that is not specifically taught in the MM degree. The Master Mason degree, is NOT the end of the individual's journey in Masonry. It is the BEGINNING. There are many more lessons and paths to self-improvement ahead of you. You may choose to serve your lodge as an officer. If this appeals to you, you should make your desires known, and begin serving right away. You may wish to serve as a ritualist. If so, then inquire about attending a ritual school, or getting some of the more experienced brothers to coach you.

You may wish to expand your knowledge of Masonry, by participating in the York and/or Scottish Rites. You may wish to participate in the more social and "fun" side of the Masonic experience, by participating in the Shrine.

I wish you a wonderful Masonic journey!

Bro. David F. Hill

David F. Hill
Premium Member
a wise man (My cousin who is a PM in MN) asdvised me not to rush to join all the other houses. Take your time in the Blue then later, if you feel inclined, Take your journey further. Congrats!!