My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Initiation

phulseapple

Premium Member
Well next Tuesday I'm being initiated. I'm getting so excited it's crazy. I just hope I can finish my degrees here in grass valley before moving to Texas in October

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App
Whenever I hear statements like this, it always makes me cringe. The degrees are not a race to be won, but rather a journey to be enjoyed. Of course it is always nice to take all 3 degrees in your home lodge, but sometimes that pesky thing called life butts in and disrupts even the best laid plans. If you will not be able to take your third in California, another lodge should be able to do it for you as a courtesy. This will depend on the rules in place in both your home GL and the GL of Texas.

Backwoodslion

Whenever I hear statements like this, it always makes me cringe. The degrees are not a race to be won, but rather a journey to be enjoyed. Of course it is always nice to take all 3 degrees in your home lodge, but sometimes that pesky thing called life butts in and disrupts even the best laid plans. If you will not be able to take your third in California, another lodge should be able to do it for you as a courtesy. This will depend on the rules in place in both your home GL and the GL of Texas.
Oh I don't mean to rush it at all. Yes I would love to finish them here. But I also want to learn. I know they aren't a race. It would just be nice that's all.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

phulseapple

Premium Member
It will depend on how your lodge schedules degrees. In the past at my lodge, we have given 6 weeks for the EA study and then 4 weeks for the FC study. This allowed us to do 2 sets of degrees per year, 2 EA, 2 FC and 2 MM. These were minimums and were pretty flexible. We are moving to doing only 1 set of degrees per year so that there is more in depth understanding of the material and will be instituting a policy of the candidates submitting a paper or presentation on some aspect of the material in addition to learning the memorization. Again, this is how we do it in my lodge. It could be entirely different in yours.

Levelhead

Premium Member
It don't matter how fast you hope you get it done cause once you open your chetachism book for the first time your vehicle will slow down and probably park for at least a month or 2 or 3! Good luck and remember, remembering is not understanding. Its how much you understand what you remembered.

jfree7997

I have been working on my EA for about 6 weeks and we dont use books its all oral. And there are guys doing EA with me that have been doing it for about 6 months. I will admit it is a challenge to not have it written down but for me i have been unerstanding more and according to my coach has brought up some good questions.