My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Initiation

Brian Davis

So I received a phone call letting me know my "initiation" date, and what to wear. I have heard from several sources, that they beat you and "test" your sexual limitations, how true is this?

Keith C

Were these "sources" brothers in the Lodge you have petitioned? If it is information from non-Masons, or clandestine Masons I would not trust it. In a regular lodge nothing will take place that is derogatory, physically harmful, or sexual in ANY way. If this information came from a Brother in the lodge I would make double and triple sure that the lodge you have petitioned is a regular, recognized lodge and not part of a clandestine group.

Brian Davis

Were these "sources" brothers in the Lodge you have petitioned? If it is information from non-Masons, or clandestine Masons I would not trust it. In a regular lodge nothing will take place that is derogatory, physically harmful, or sexual in ANY way. If this information came from a Brother in the lodge I would make double and triple sure that the lodge you have petitioned is a regular, recognized lodge and not part of a clandestine group.
Ok, things are getting interesting. How would I know if the lodge is clandestine, and if so, can I petition another lodge?

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
If this information came from a Brother in the lodge I would make double and triple sure that the lodge you have petitioned is a regular, recognized lodge and not part of a clandestine group.
Absolutely!!! I can't imagine a Brother of a regular lodge making these kind of statements even in a joking manner!

Keith C

Ok, things are getting interesting. How would I know if the lodge is clandestine, and if so, can I petition another lodge?

Here is the website for the GL of FL. http://grandlodgefl.com/ At the bottom of the page is a link for a "Lodge Locator", click on that link and you should be able to see if the Lodge you have petitioned is on the GL list.

Also check with the Prince Hall Grand Lodge in Florida http://www.mwuglflorida.org/ They do not have a Lodge Locator shown on their website but there is contact information.

If the Lodge you have petitioned is not part of one of those two Grand Lodges it is Clandestine.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I have heard from several sources, that they beat you and "test" your sexual limitations, how true is this?

I love antis because of the examples they set.

Who are the Masons? Down the block is a guy every kid calls Grandpa and all the adults imitate. He's got Masonic plates.

Who are the antis? Some nut case on line that you've never met in person. Or in rare cases some nut case that you are sad that you ever met him in person.

MarkR

Premium Member
Beatings have happened in clandestine lodges. Some severe enough to require medical attention. It's similar to the "jumping in" of street gang initiation. Nothing like that should ever happen in a regular lodge. This is why I don't even like people joking about pictures of paddles with S&C on them.

Bloke

Premium Member
Here is the website for the GL of FL. http://grandlodgefl.com/ At the bottom of the page is a link for a "Lodge Locator", click on that link and you should be able to see if the Lodge you have petitioned is on the GL list.

Also check with the Prince Hall Grand Lodge in Florida http://www.mwuglflorida.org/ They do not have a Lodge Locator shown on their website but there is contact information.

If the Lodge you have petitioned is not part of one of those two Grand Lodges it is Clandestine.

Well done bro :)

To the original poster, the above quoted post is the best course of action.... anyone telling you how (real) Freemasons will beat you and "test sexual limits " is talking complete BS...

Brian Davis

Well done bro :)

To the original poster, the above quoted post is the best course of action.... anyone telling you how (real) Freemasons will beat you and "test sexual limits " is talking complete BS...
So I didn't see the lodge on the Florida site. But, I did find another lodge and a friend of mine belongs to it, thinks for all the help.