My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interpretation of a symbol

David612

I’m curious to how you gents interpret the equilateral Triangle contained within the point within a circle as per the attached picture (though it lacks the point)

Attachments

• 3D2FEFDC-6396-4EAB-AC4E-670C0A1CD7ED.gif
    3D2FEFDC-6396-4EAB-AC4E-670C0A1CD7ED.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 340

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I’m curious to how you gents interpret the equilateral Triangle contained within the point within a circle as per the attached picture (though it lacks the point)
Interpretation out of context is paramount to malpractice. What is the context?

David612

In the Kabbalistic Tree of Life we have the Point within the Square, the Point within the Triangle and the Point within the Circle.

The Tree fits on the human so that the square and triangle are on the shoulders and the circle is just above the head - being the chakra just above the crown chakra. Hence when a Freemason operates from the chakra above the crown chakra his/her consciousness is such that s/he cannot err in matters of importance.
Interesting-
I came to a similar conclusion however I’m not versed in Chakras, with the circumpunct being the bounds of ones actions and the triangle being a sign of the Devine.

Elexir

In the Kabbalistic Tree of Life we have the Point within the Square, the Point within the Triangle and the Point within the Circle.

The Tree fits on the human so that the square and triangle are on the shoulders and the circle is just above the head - being the chakra just above the crown chakra. Hence when a Freemason operates from the chakra above the crown chakra his/her consciousness is such that s/he cannot err in matters of importance.

Wich of the kabbalistic teachers uses chakras in their explanation?

How are Chokhmah and Binah connected with the square and triangle?

Elexir

>Wich of the kabbalistic teachers uses chakras in their explanation?

The Kabbalah is one perspective on Reality. Sometimes two different viewpoints allow a 3D understanding.

Freemasonry, being a science, is not afraid of experimental observation.

>How are Chokhmah and Binah connected with the square and triangle?

As you know, the human backs into the ToL. Thus the Point within the Triangle sits on the left shoulder and the Point within the Square sits on the right shoulder.

As to why Chokhmah and Binah are connected to the triangle and square, that is to do with the shape of the energy flows.

This knowledge seems to be lost to Google.

Kabbalah means tradition and diffrent teachers have diffrent interpatations of things. Nathan of Gazas idea of thoughfull/thoughtless light is one of the ideas.

So again wich teacher used chackra?

So basicly it lacks ground in kabbalistic teachings?

Problem with experiments is that they require thoughts and action

I dont use google. I prefer books.

Last edited:

David612

Kabbalah means tradition and diffrent teachers have diffrent interpatations of things. Nathan of Gazas idea of thoughfull/thoughtless light is one of the ideas.

So again wich teacher used chackra?

So basicly it lacks ground in kabbalistic teachings?

Problem with experiments is that they require thoughts and action

I dont use google. I prefer books.
While I appreciate your quest for source material, Any opinion on the original question?

Elexir

>So again wich teacher used chackra?

It may be a surprise but the human race does progress in spiritual science as the planet progresses into each sign of the zodiac.

So why are you then using an old system wich is built upon certain set ideas?

Where in the kabbalistic texts are the chakras?

As there is a general trust in more of a material wiew of the world its obvious that the worlds in not evolving in anyway. Nothing is new under the sun in reality.

Winter

Premium Member

Not the first time I've seen chakras linked with modern new age kabbalah. If it works for someone, great. But since kabbalah cannot be divested from Torah it ends up just being another new age self help program.

Transmitted via R5 astromech using Tapatalk Galactic

Winter

Premium Member
Interpretation out of context is paramount to malpractice. What is the context?
Coach is right. The triangle within a circle has been used by numerous disciplines and organizations for so long that it could mean practically anything. From alchemy to christianity to illuminati, you name it. Even alcoholics anonymous uses it. Was there a specific context you were looking for?

Premium Member
...The triangle within a circle has been used by numerous disciplines and organizations for so long that it could mean practically anything. From alchemy to christianity to illuminati, you name it. Even alcoholics anonymous uses it...

Yes, Alcoholics Anonymous adopted the symbol of the triangle in the circle as its own in 1955, but in 1994 discontinued its use officially; it is still, however, recognized by the fellowship. According to AA's own website, "the three legs of the triangle represented the Three Legacies of Recovery, Unity and Service, and the circle symbolized the world of A.A." Those Legacies themselves, if my memory serves me correctly, stand for (or, allude to) the Twelve Steps (Recovery), the Twelve Traditions (Unity), and the Twelve Concepts (Service).
And, according to co-founder Bill Wilson in 1955, “Above us floats a banner on which is inscribed the new symbol for A.A., a circle enclosing a triangle. The circle stands for the whole world of A.A., and the triangle stands for A.A.’s Three Legacies of Recovery, Unity, and Service. Within our wonderful new world, we have found freedom from our fatal obsession. That we have chose this particular symbol is perhaps no accident. The priests and seers of antiquity regarded the circle enclosing the triangle as a means of warding off the spirits of evil, and A.A.’s circle and triangle of Recovery, Unity, and Service has certainly meant all of that to us and much more.”

David612

It’s easy enough for me to crack a book but I’m looking for your interpretation when presented the symbol.

David612

That’s okay-
I’m not looking for someone to read a book for me, just an initial impression.

No wrong answers-

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
That’s okay-
I’m not looking for someone to read a book for me, just an initial impression.

No wrong answers-
Actually, interpretation out of context is sometimes deadly.

My initial impression of your request is a black hole of out of context guessing.

David612

Coach is right. The triangle within a circle has been used by numerous disciplines and organizations for so long that it could mean practically anything. From alchemy to christianity to illuminati, you name it. Even alcoholics anonymous uses it. Was there a specific context you were looking for?

I don’t see what coach says so I’ll take your word on that, while I know variations of the symbol have been used by many organisations/clubs/faiths/salsa dancing squads-what I was asking is how you gents interpret it- not asking anyone to crack reference texts, provide history or quote back something in an obscure text as we all have books and google but rather your own opinion of it based on the knowledge you have internalised and can draw on and what speaks to you the most.
It’s my experience that there seems to be a fear of being “wrong” so many wont venture a guess, go with their intuition or field an idea they have and instead stay silent for fear of being pointlessly called out for references or told they are wrong-I don’t see that as beneficial for anyone including the fraternity at large-
I don’t see the harm in speculating on the possible meanings of a simple symbol that is familiar yet unspecified and a little ambiguous as a taking point.
If folk arnt up for it that’s fine, but I ask that they don’t derail this thread.

Winter

Premium Member
I don’t see what coach says so I’ll take your word on that, while I know variations of the symbol have been used by many organisations/clubs/faiths/salsa dancing squads-what I was asking is how you gents interpret it- not asking anyone to crack reference texts, provide history or quote back something in an obscure text as we all have books and google but rather your own opinion of it based on the knowledge you have internalised and can draw on and what speaks to you the most.
It’s my experience that there seems to be a fear of being “wrong” so many wont venture a guess, go with their intuition or field an idea they have and instead stay silent for fear of being pointlessly called out for references or told they are wrong-I don’t see that as beneficial for anyone including the fraternity at large-
I don’t see the harm in speculating on the possible meanings of a simple symbol that is familiar yet unspecified and a little ambiguous as a taking point.
If folk arnt up for it that’s fine, but I ask that they don’t derail this thread.

So instead of trying to give some context to your question everyone is just "afraid of being wrong" or "not up to it"? I am sure you have seen by now that most of us who have responded to this thread are up for any kind of discussion on any topic. Instead of insulting everyone who won't answer your vague and directionless question, maybe take the constructive criticism provided earlier and reform your question.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I don’t see what coach says ...
Yeah, I don't blame ya one bit for not wanting to listen to reason. However, since you arnt up for seeing what I post, I'll respond for the benefit of the rest of us folks ;-)
...so I’ll take your word on that, while I know variations of the symbol have been used by many organisations/clubs/faiths/salsa dancing squads-what I was asking is how you gents interpret it- not asking anyone to crack reference texts, provide history or quote back something in an obscure text as we all have books and google but rather your own opinion of it based on the knowledge you have internalised and can draw on and what speaks to you the most.
Yeah, I know what you wanted, and it appears you don't want to hear that those responding are seeing flaws in the game you're offering and are calling you out on it.
Yeah, experience is funny like that, and so are hidden agendas. People often don't respond to such queries not because of fear but because they realize from experience that it's pointless to provide unfounded and baseless conjecture; something that has unduly crippled this fraternity and the members within it from the very moment it was encouraged. Hence the request for context. Symbols out of context easily take on different meanings than those within context. As an engineer, I know from experience that the very same symbol placed within one context often has an entirely different meaning within another. Context is everything when dealing with symbols.
Yep, and those are the two main problems. You don't see the harm and you're confusing speculation with conjecture.
It's not that they "arnt up for it". They simple recognize what you are asking and not settling for less.

David612

So instead of trying to give some context to your question everyone is just "afraid of being wrong" or "not up to it"? I am sure you have seen by now that most of us who have responded to this thread are up for any kind of discussion on any topic. Instead of insulting everyone who won't answer your vague and directionless question, maybe take the constructive criticism provided earlier and reform your question.
I have provided context, it’s the way you read it based on your knowledge and what you have retained in your study as I have said in the previous post.
Again if you think it’s directionless you don’t need to participate as simply repeating what you read from where i tell u to read it from is not interesting as i will have already seen it.
Additionally I don’t see how asking for an opinion constitutes insulting everyone but I think you may be taking an unnecessarily argumentative position so I’ll just add you to my ignore list.

Last edited:

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I have provided context, it’s the way you read it based on your knowledge and what you have retained in your study as I have said in the previous post.
Again if you think it’s directionless you don’t need to participate as simply repeating what you read from where i tell u to read it from is not interesting as i will have already seen it.
<yawn>