My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro... and a few questions.

thomaj

Hello and Good Afternoon!

Just wanted to take some time out to introduce myself and ask a few questions.

My name is JP and I’m currently stationed at AUAB, Qatar. I was first introduced to Masonry about 11 years ago by a colleague of mine. At that point in time, I was unable to act on it due to being notified of moving overseas.

My family and I have bounced around Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. We are finally starting our transition back to the US here in a few short months after a long 11 years abroad. Potentials are McChord Washington, Martinsburg WV, Altus OK, or the great State of Texas.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some guidance on restarting a prospect I wish I could have completed years ago. Any info or words of wisdom would be great.

Is there anyone currently on AUAB that I could sit with and chat about this? Perhaps over a cup of iced coffee at GreenBean?

Thanks for your time,
JP

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Once you get relocated in the U.S. simply contact the Grand Lodge of the state that you are living in and they will take it from there. Meanwhile, if you have any other questions post them here and we will be happy to answer them. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. We care.

thomaj

Will do! Thanks for your help.

If there is anyone currently on AUAB, please message me. Would love to meet up.

dfreybur

Premium Member
In the US the one and only way to begin is in person. Look up local lodges, find out when they meet, go an hour before then and introduce yourself. In person. That must be repeated. Go to some local lodges then settle on one and start going monthly. In several months the Brothers will know you well enough to be willing to sign your petition.

It's okay to use other methods of introduction. On line, email, phone, letter, whatever. They are all secondary and are generally ignored from those not already members. Never wait even one second on any of these wallpaper methods. In person is the only approach that counts.

hfmm97

Premium Member
Freemasonry is probably ILLEGAL in Qatar-erroneously thought to be anti-Islam and pro-Zionist: so unless you have access to Western (US/UK) military bases as military or authorized civilian personnel, you cannot join unless you leave Qatar. Many mostly Muslim countries have similar policies, unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app