My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invited to appendant bodies TO the appendant bodies :)

QPZIL

Premium Member
Last night after the York Rite meeting, I was speaking to a Companion who told me he'd like to recommend me to be invited to join our local Allied Masonic Degrees Council. Assuming the administrative stuff works out, hopefully I'll be able to be present at the Royal Ark Mariner degree conferral next month :) Very excited about that.

And THEN last night, I was speaking with our High Priest who told me he'd like me to join our local Knight Masons Council!

I'm honored to have been asked to join both bodies, and am very much looking forward to the work in both.

Not to mention that I live about an hour from Monroe, NC, which has St. Andrews in America Council #1A (the founding council of AMD in America) and St. Patricks in America Council #1 (the founding council of KM in America). It'd be an honor to sit in on either of those.

Last edited:

crono782

Premium Member
Awesome! The AMD's sound very interesting to me. Unforunately, I have no idea how to even posit that I'm interested to those who would invite. Or does it even work like that?

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Congratulations! I'm not a member of the AMD, but I'm a member of the Knight Masons and you should enjoy the 3-degrees of that body.

QPZIL

Premium Member
Awesome! The AMD's sound very interesting to me. Unforunately, I have no idea how to even posit that I'm interested to those who would invite. Or does it even work like that?

If you happen to know someone who is involved with AMD, just start asking questions and tell them how interesting it sounds :) Unfortunately, membership to any given AMD council is limited to 27 members, but luckily we have 2 in my area and one of them wasn't full :)

In my case, I was talking to a Companion at my lodge who has done... well, everything. 33 in AASR, Knight Masons, Templar Priest, KYCH, AMD, you name it, he's either led it or at least been a member of it :) Really one of the greatest guys I've ever known. I mentioned that the York Rite College sounded really interesting to me since it seemed to focus more on the research and philosophy aspect of the degrees, but he told me that welllll... they were really more of an honorary group to acknowledge lots of service to the Bodies, but that there was another group that would be a good fit for me (the AMD).

Anyway, I'm rambling.
Companion crono782, may I ask what the omega/n/4D2 is in your sig?

crono782

Premium Member
Companion crono782, may I ask what the omega/n/4D2 is in your sig?

Ah, that's a little riddle I've left for the forum members to decipher. So far nobody has yet...

A little hint (in the form of a riddle, of course):
On what American system are the numbers ten and sixteen, and symbols related?
How are a pope, a dictator, the heavens, and the year 1582 related?
Answer those and find the correlation.

Last edited:

QPZIL

Premium Member
Ah, that's a little riddle I've left for the forum members to decipher. So far nobody has yet...

A little hint (in the form of a riddle, of course):
On what American system are the numbers ten and sixteen, and symbols related?
How are a pope, a dictator, the heavens, and the year 1582 related?
Answer those and find the correlation.

Well, I've figured out the Julian calendar date part, and I'm sure the omega is marking your initiation, but the ^N and the 4D^2 are still stumping me :)