My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it a real lodge?

Luke

My brother, as in my mother also had him, is a "Master Mason" in a lodge called "Exodus 133". He says it is a lodge in Coal City, Illinois. I have been to some function at a bar with them. I met a couple officers and enjoyed myself. So the fact that the lodge exists isn't the question. Can anyone verify that this is a real lodge? I have looked on both the GLOI "Grand Lodge of Illinois" and the MWPHGLIL "Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Illinois" web sites. I googled for it. The only things I haven't tried are asking my brother if he is in a clandestine lodge or call the Grand Lodges. Prince hall has a "133" but it isn't in coal city or called Exodus. Please help

scottmh59

checked every where i could online,and like you found nothing..ask your brother.

if you find out,please post.would like to know..good luck

Wingnut

Premium Member
Check with your lodge Secretary he has a book on his desk with all the recognized lodges around the world. It might be in the Tilers room. Its called List of Regular Lodges Masonic

Luke

The problem with asking my brother is he is always right even when he's not. He says he's in a Blue House not a Prince Hall. He says some of the guys came from Prince hall. Since he's right he'll just argue with me and I don't want that. Thank you for your help.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I will check my copy of "Lodges Masonic" when I get home later this morning. If the lodge is not listed there chances are that the lodge and its members are what the GLoTX conciders "clandestined".

I'll be more than happy to look it up for you!

T

Taurus27

I don't really have time to look right now as I have to get ready to go out, but here are some useful links that may help.

I found a Great list of links for GLs.
http://www.mason.itgo.com/links.html
and
List of Prince Hall GL Links:
http://mwphgldc.com/index.php?q=node/67

Hope all works out.

js4253

Premium Member
Premium Member
The problem with asking my brother is he is always right even when he's not. He says he's in a Blue House not a Prince Hall. He says some of the guys came from Prince hall. Since he's right he'll just argue with me and I don't want that. Thank you for your help.

Brother Luke,
If his Lodge is not listed in your secretaries book "List of Lodges Masonic" it is not recognized by GLOT which means you can't hold Masonic communications. You will get to that in future degrees. Sorry, it sounds like your brother may not be a BROTHER.:eek:

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
My brother, as in my mother also had him, is a "Master Mason" in a lodge called "Exodus 133". He says it is a lodge in Coal City, Illinois. I have been to some function at a bar with them. I met a couple officers and enjoyed myself. So the fact that the lodge exists isn't the question. Can anyone verify that this is a real lodge? I have looked on both the GLOI "Grand Lodge of Illinois" and the MWPHGLIL "Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Illinois" web sites. I googled for it. The only things I haven't tried are asking my brother if he is in a clandestine lodge or call the Grand Lodges. Prince hall has a "133" but it isn't in coal city or called Exodus. Please help

According to the 2008 edition of "List of Lodges Masonic" published by the GLoTX, there is no such Lodge. There is no listing for a Lodge in Coal City. #133 belongs to Marshall Lodge located in Marshall, Illinois.

I hope this helps you.

Luke

It really doesn't surprise me that he is, most likely, in a clandestine lodge. It doesn't even bother me I can not sit in lodge with him. It will bother him a lot more when I go to visit him and I refuse to sit in lodge with him or the really nice people that are a part of his "lodge". He will insist that I go. He has already told me he is going to "get me into his lodge" when I move back. I have had a different lodge in mind even before I moved to Texas.

Thank you all for your help. I do really appreciate it. I still have yet to find anything on his "lodge". I'm going to wait until I give my prof. on the fourth to ask my secretary to look in the List of Lodges Masonic.

js4253

Premium Member
Premium Member
According to the 2008 edition of "List of Lodges Masonic" published by the GLoTX, there is no such Lodge. There is no listing for a Lodge in Coal City. #133 belongs to Marshall Lodge located in Marshall, Illinois.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks Brother Stewart, I didn't have my book at home with me. Sorry to hear this Luke. It would be nice if you and your brother could experience Masonry together.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i haven't read everything around here, but the advice i have is "take your obligations as far as you deem you should"

Luke

So I didn't wait and I asked my secretary today. Marshal lodge is still listed in the List of Lodges Masonic in 2009 as lodge 133. Prince hall is still Jachim lodge 133.

Thank you all for your help.