My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to join in Qatar?

khaled maher

Hi, i'm new to this website so idk if this was the right place to post but i want to ask about joining possibility in qatar? and should i be old to join? i'm 19 years old so i really don't know what is the exact rules for joining. :rolleyes:

Winter

Premium Member
Hi, i'm new to this website so idk if this was the right place to post but i want to ask about joining possibility in qatar? and should i be old to join? i'm 19 years old so i really don't know what is the exact rules for joining. :rolleyes:
Freemasonry is still illegal in Qatar. Countries governed by radical Islam teach the lie that Freemasonry is a Zionist plot against their rule. There is one PHA Military Lodge in Doha but as it is on a military installation you will most likely not have access to it. Your only option will be to relocate to country that allows Freemasonry. Good luck.

khaled maher

Hmm... I didn't know that Freemasonry is illegal in Qatar.
Is there a way to learn about Freemasonry and earn degrees online or does it have to be in a lodge? If it's available online let me know exactly where I can find it because the internet is full of conspiracy theories.
*Sorry for my bad english.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
It is.
Is there a way to learn about Freemasonry
Yes! The web is filled with everything from good information to terribly misleading and absolutely wrong information. Start with recognized grand lodge websites. Most of their information is right and it is usually in line with the dogma of the Craft.
and earn degrees online or does it have to be in a lodge?
It must be in a recognized freemasonic lodge. That's one of the landmarks that many GLs insist upon, and one that all recognized lodges adhere to.
If it's available online let me know exactly where I can find it because the internet is full of conspiracy theories.
Good Luck!

Winter

Premium Member
Is there a way to learn about Freemasonry and earn degrees online or does it have to be in a lodge? If it's available online let me know exactly where I can find it because the internet is full of conspiracy theories.
Unless something has changed very recently, then Freemasonry is still illegal there. If you have some news reports or legal positions that show it has changed then by all means share them here.

khaled maher

Unless something has changed very recently, then Freemasonry is still illegal there. If you have some news reports or legal positions that show it has changed then by all means share them here.
Well, I am studying in Qatari government school, unfortunately I repeated my last year twice (now i'm on my second try), and one of the good things I noticed in this year's biology book is that they have added characters that did not exist in the previous year, such as Charles Darwin.

This is a good sign in my opinion. I hope they continue on this path and be more open to the rest of the world, maybe we would see Masonic lodges soon, who knows.

However, it was great to talk to you guys, but I can't travel just to join a Masonic lodge (as someone advised me). This is financially difficult for me, and I don't think that my family would agree to something like this, +I'm still in school so I'm not completely free to do whatever I want.

Last edited:

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Well, I am studying in Qatari government school, unfortunately I repeated my last year twice (now i'm on my second try), and one of the good things I noticed in this year's biology book is that they have added characters that did not exist in the previous year, such as Charles Darwin.

This is a good sign in my opinion. I hope they continue on this path and be more open to the rest of the world, maybe we would see Masonic lodges soon, who knows.

However, it was great to talk to you guys, but I can't travel just to join a Masonic lodge (as someone advised me). This is financially difficult for me, and I don't think that my family would agree to something like this, +I'm still in school so I'm not completely free to do whatever I want.
What benefits do you imagine membership offering to you by joining?

khaled maher

What benefits do you imagine membership offering to you by joining?
I don't know exactly, I can't tell before I join and see by myself.

But if we want to use history and facts in our talk, then most people who contributed to change history were Freemasons, and Freemasonry in general is a fraternity that supports whoever joins it, especially if he was a talented person. This is what I personally know, and for this reason it had a major role in discovering many sciences and developing many theories which is being taught today in schools and universities all over the world.

Therefore, I expect that I would personally benefit from the presence of many talented and intelligent people in the Brotherhood. Not everyone may be talented and intelligent, but no doubt there are some members who possess these qualities.

That's how I picture it in my mind right now :rolleyes:

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I don't know exactly, I can't tell before I join and see by myself.

But if we want to use history and facts in our talk, then most people who contributed to change history were Freemasons, and Freemasonry in general is a fraternity that supports whoever joins it, especially if he was a talented person. This is what I personally know, and for this reason it had a major role in discovering many sciences and developing many theories which is being taught today in schools and universities all over the world.

Therefore, I expect that I would personally benefit from the presence of many talented and intelligent people in the Brotherhood. Not everyone may be talented and intelligent, but no doubt there are some members who possess these qualities.

That's how I picture it in my mind right now :rolleyes:
Be extremely careful in what you might take to be Freemasonic history and facts. Far too much of what is taken to be so is fantasy, fallacy, and folly. This too when it comes to member contributions to things. Many "famous" members contributed things that NOTHING to do with them being a member.

That being said, you'll still have to go to a supportive country to have an opportunity to join.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Be extremely careful in what you might take to be Freemasonic history and facts. Far too much of what is taken to be so is fantasy, fallacy, and folly. This too when it comes to member contributions to things. Many "famous" members contributed things that NOTHING to do with them being a member.

That being said, you'll still have to go to a supportive country to have an opportunity to join.
A prime example? Churchill.

Izat

greetings, I am 25 years old and I am from Malaysia, I want to know how to become a member of freemasonry in Malaysia

Bloke

Premium Member

Hello hello :)

Good luck with your studies.