My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a problem down under?

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
fe05b7db4b8f104f8a1cfdcc4c7e0e19.jpg

@Bloke is this a problem down there? People climbing through bus windows?

Bloke

Premium Member
fe05b7db4b8f104f8a1cfdcc4c7e0e19.jpg

@Bloke is this a problem down there? People climbing through bus windows?

Yes, it is a problem. Our Government has done some extensive research on it and decided the best way to stop it is by only employing salt water crocodiles to drive buses. Unfortunately the Unions got involved and protested for loss of wages and due to the lower working conditions. Apparently hanging out in rivers and eating people was preferable to the crocs and unless they were able to dine on the odd passenger, they were refusing to take up the new working conditions. Negotiations continue.

Bloke

Premium Member
Oh, and I should mention the Tasmanian cros accepted the new working conditions because buses are warmer than the rivers in that State, but I am sure you noted that particular bus was from New South Wales..

Bloke

Premium Member
Haha man u crack me up.

Yes i did....thats in Australia right? I know ur in Victoria thought u mighta heard something?
Yes, I've heard of NSW... I understand it is the State just Nth of us where Sydney is. We don't like them because they are going to come to the MCG tomorrow to try and steal our footy cup from the Doggies who are Victorian, and as such, naturally superior.

:p

Go Doggies ! (not that I care much about Football, but we get a public holiday there the day before the game.. .YAY FOOTBALL !)

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Yes, it is a problem. Our Government has done some extensive research on it and decided the best way to stop it is by only employing salt water crocodiles to drive buses. Unfortunately the Unions got involved and protested for loss of wages and due to the lower working conditions. Apparently hanging out in rivers and eating people was preferable to the crocs and unless they were able to dine on the odd passenger, they were refusing to take up the new working conditions. Negotiations continue.
Oh, and I should mention the Tasmanian cros accepted the new working conditions because buses are warmer than the rivers in that State, but I am sure you noted that particular bus was from New South Wales..
Lol, you are starting to remind me of coachn.

Bloke

Premium Member
Rip... i've heard it said
Yes, I've heard of NSW... I understand it is the State just Nth of us where Sydney is. We don't like them because they are going to come to the MCG tomorrow to try and steal our footy cup from the Doggies who are Victorian, and as such, naturally superior.

:p

Go Doggies ! (not that I care much about Football, but we get a public holiday there the day before the game.. .YAY FOOTBALL !)

Pleased to follow up and report that the Swans (NSW) were vanquished by the Doggies (Vic). I only saw boys of it but it was everything, next to your own team winning: a close game of incredibly high standard where the team who had not one a Grand Final for over half a century won. Hurt attendance at Lodge though. The final used to be last Saturday in September, and they moved it. We picked first sat of month for lodge meeting to aviod that, plus it's so memorable and easy to work out on your calendar..

dfreybur

Premium Member
(not that I care much about Football, but we get a public holiday there the day before the game.. .YAY FOOTBALL !)

Which kind? Here we have the World Cup kind and the Superbowl kind. I think you have the World Cup kind and the Australian Rules kind.

Bloke

Premium Member
He was talking rugby....michael schivello was talking about it on twitter

OMG.... you ignorant f@#$s ! There is only one footy game in Melbourne... Australian Rules!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, 20 years ago... that was true. Soccer was the game of immigrants, rugby of UK folk and NSW ... changed a lot now, but Aussie Rules is still *the* game in Melbourne but is also truly a national game.. the Friday before it is a State holiday...

Bloke

Premium Member
Back before the 1980's there used to be brawls.... but now you get reported for things that were just once part of the game. They also introduced the "blood rule" where you cannot be on the field when bleeding, but when I was a kid, there'd be blood ! Its not for the faint of heart....

dfreybur

Premium Member
There is only one footy game in Melbourne... Australian Rules!!!!!!!!

I've seen the game on TV. The word "rules" seems quite an exaggeration to me! ;^)

I get why someone from the US might confuse it with rugby. It is kinda like a hybrid of US rules and rugby with the resulting hybrid rules taken away and ripped up. Having played soccer the difference of plays versus near continuous action very much stands out to me, though.

Soccer was the game of immigrants

Chuckle. When I was on my high school soccer team I was almost the only kid without an accent. Now I drive past the park and every kid seems to be in the local kid's league.

Bloke

Premium Member
I've seen the game on TV. The word "rules" seems quite an exaggeration to me! ;^)

I get why someone from the US might confuse it with rugby. It is kinda like a hybrid of US rules and rugby with the resulting hybrid rules taken away and ripped up. Having played soccer the difference of plays versus near continuous action very much stands out to me, though.

Chuckle. When I was on my high school soccer team I was almost the only kid without an accent. Now I drive past the park and every kid seems to be in the local kid's league.

Same. Lots of people looking at other games cause footy is so tough...