Joining Mark

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by Scoops, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Kalip78

Kalip78 Registered User

Sorry, have some problems with my app.

2. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

Not yet, it's on my radar but I don't expect to be joining a Chapter any time soon. Circumstances (read: my wife) simply won't allow the extra commitment at the moment.

I joined Mark rather than Chapter because my Father-in-Law is a member.

Bloke likes this.
  3. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Good reason. My chapter in Cheshire only meets three times a year, so fairly light duty, though learning a third RA ritual has been taxing.

4. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

I sometimes find the pressure from province and grand lodge to join the royal arch puts me off.

At our last craft meeting, our new APGM came on an official visit. At the festive board he mentioned the upcoming 150th anniversary of Provincial Grand Chapter, and the desire to exalt 150 new companions before 2019. As a result of this our Royal Arch Contact Officer is feeling the pressure to try and recruit us younger brethren and I don't feel entirely comfortable with that.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

5. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Same lecture the other night.

I support the goal not just because I’m a PGO, but because HRA really is important in rounding out the Hiramic legend. I particularly like our chapter ‘s ritual. It also provides a chance to meet other Masons. My lodge is in Stockport, but my chapter is in Sandbach.

OTOH, the principals’ robes are just too warm with modern heating.

Share My Freemasonry