My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining the York Rite today

Brother Mark

Hey brothers

I am so pumped, today i am taking the York Rite degrees. This is the day i have been waiting on for 2 months now. GAHH it needs to hurry up. I cant even sleep

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
You will certainly enjoy all of the degrees and orders that you will see today. It will be a long day, but well worth it!

My wife has me taking care of some of my honey-do list today, so I am not going to be able to make it down to the festival. Sorry Brother.

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
I think you're going to enjoy the degrees! I don't know how big your class will be, but hopefully you'll get to be the exemplar for at least one degree. Congrats on starting the next leg of your Masonic journey!

A long day full of light awaits you- enjoy!

Brother Mark

Agreed...Good luck on your journey. Very beautiful. Especially the last degree!

Yes the last degree was very beautiful.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Agreed...Good luck on your journey. Very beautiful. Especially the last degree!

Yes the last degree was very beautiful.

When I took the YR degrees/orders up in McKinney years ago they were spread out over a two day period. We had Chapter & Council one Saturday, and wrapped up with the Commandry orders on the following weekend. It really seemed to help as far as memory retention goes...

I do remember that there was about 20 of us candidates at the festival and I managed to watch almost the entire presentation from the sideline both weekends. All of us took part in the Past Master Virtual degree, but I was selected for the very last portion of the Order of the Temple. For those of you who have been through the degrees before, you know exactly which part I am talking about. Of all the degrees that I have taken in my short few years as a Mason, the Order of the Temple was by far the most impressive and second only to the Fellow Craft degree. IMO.

Brother Mark

Bro Stewart

I was choosen to be the candidate for the Past Maters Degree, along with the Royal Arch Masons Degree. I have to say all were very beautiful. I am glad I joined the York Rite instead of the Scottish Rite. also Bro Stewart, i am coming with forest to visit yall next Friday at yalls Chapter and Council Meeting

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
I can now say "welcome Companion" and congratulations! I well remember my turn as candidate in the Past Master Virtual degree- very memorable (intentionally so)!

Mac

Premium Member
I am glad I joined the York Rite instead of the Scottish Rite.

Congratulations on joining the ranks of the York Rite, brother!

That being said, don't think of it as a "one or the other" scenario. I am currently already a Scottish Rite mason, but when I have sufficient time, I intend to join the York Rite as well. Joining one does not prevent you from joining the other. I can vouch for the education I have received from the SR, and highly encourage you to consider it if and when you are able.

But again, congratulations! Being the examplar for two degrees, it sounds like you had quite the experience.

Brother Mark

Yes it was quite an experience. I joined the York rite because the way our Scottish rite works down here in Granbury. It didn't sit well with me, plus there is a TON of politics in ours. I am very sad for them. I have always held the Scottish rite in very high regard, till I learned about it. Plus with having Right Worshipful O'neil being the degree master, made the degrees seem even more memorable.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Bro Stewart

I was choosen to be the candidate for the Past Maters Degree, along with the Royal Arch Masons Degree. I have to say all were very beautiful. I am glad I joined the York Rite instead of the Scottish Rite. also Bro Stewart, i am coming with forest to visit yall next Friday at yalls Chapter and Council Meeting

Awesome! I look forward to seeing you Friday evening!

dpteskeys

I joined the York Rite in Lubbock back in 2003. The degrees you received yesterday were very good. Your face was very funny in the Past Master degree
Don Paul Payton
Springtown Chapter #75

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
I'm pretty happy there aren't any pics of my face during the Past Master degree! Thank goodness for the protection we get from being tiled! ;^)