Joining the York Rite

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by Brother Mark, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Brother Mark

Brother Mark Registered User

Hey everyone
    After some thought and examining both rites, I have decided to join the York Rite. Weatherford lodge is hosting a festival on the 3rd of March. Can't wait to join the chapter and council.

2. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

I hope you enjoy. The Capitular degrees are particularly amazing and meaningful. One of my favorite degrees in the York Rite is the Royal Master in the Cryptic degrees, but they all pale in comparison to the Order of the Temple.

3. Brother Mark

Thanks... I can't wait. Just wished this Saturday was the day I am going in. I am not much for waiting on stuff.

4. kosei

kosei Premium Member

good luck

5. tomos

tomos Registered User

I was torn as to what way I wanted to go, then I joined the Royal Arch and really enjoyed it. Then it was just a progressive walk. But the Commandary, wow. I will always hold that night as super special. The very best for you.

6. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Agreed. It took Freemasonry on a whole new level for me...

7. Michaelstedman81

Michaelstedman81 Premium Member

I agree as well. I always originally wanted to go York Rite, but with being in the Army and all that jazz, it just never lined up for me. Ended up getting my Scottish Rite degrees, and then FINALLY was in the right place at the right time a few months ago and was able to go through the York Rite degrees. Very beautiful all the way through! Especially the Order of the Temple. Of course, and not to brag at all lol, my Order of the Temple degree was done in a real castle here in Texas which totally added to the experience! I can't wait to watch and take place in that degree for someone else! You will really enjoy all of it, my friend.

8. Brother Mark

Thanks guys

9. cjhill

cjhill Registered User

Can anyone suggest some good reading for me to research? I have just finished my master degree. I would like to compare the York and Scottish Rites. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Brother C.J. #167 Whitewright, Texas.

10. Michael Neumann

Michael Neumann Premium Member

11. cjhill

cjhill Registered User

I have read Born in Blood. I really enjoyed it. I have not read The Pilgrims Path. I will get that one soon. I think Brother John J. Robinson did a great job with Born in Blood.

Brother C.J. #167 Whitewright, Texas.

Share My Freemasonry