My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Warden North or South?

MarkR

Premium Member
Here the Lodge Education Officer is to the immediate left of the WM! Also true in Grand Lodge; the Deputy Grand Master sits on the right of the Grand Master, the Grand Lodge Education Officer sits on his left.

Carl_in_NH

Site Benefactor
In NH the Chaplin sits to the Master's left, as does the Secretary - who is three steps down. Immediately to the Master's right is another chair for a guest - or the DDGM during official visits. Treasurer is to the right, on the same level with the Secretary.

Perhaps the chair in the North are lodges who share a room with Eastern Star - while I'm not a member of ES I have observed such a chair in these shared lodge rooms, in addition to the normal JW's station in the South.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Perhaps the chair in the North are lodges who share a room with Eastern Star - while I'm not a member of ES I have observed such a chair in these shared lodge rooms, in addition to the normal JW's station in the South.
Every lodge room that I have been in (Kentucky) has a chair in the North. Don't know why. Never thought to ask.

Keith C

Every lodge room that I have been in (Kentucky) has a chair in the North. Don't know why. Never thought to ask.

I recently went to a Shadow Night at a Rainbow Girls event and they use a chair in the North and I was told OES does as well. There are older photos of our lodge room that show a chair in the North, but we do not have one now. I asked and some longer term members said that when the OES stopped meeting in our lodge room, they removed the chair. So it could be for OES or Rainbow if they also use the lodge room.

Carl_in_NH

Site Benefactor
My better half is former Rainbow, and she said they have a chair in the North.

While there was an OES chapter in my lodge many decades ago, it consolidated with another chapter in the adjacent town and departed our building. Since which time the lodge room interior has undergone some renovations - last sometime in the early 70's, I think. We have no chair in the north, other than side-liner benches.

While OES may have departed our building, they left the OES dishes in the kitchen. Boy, did they have dishes. We've got cabinets full of OES decorated china. I've washed them a few thousand times in my Masonic career, too :)

Keith C

While OES may have departed our building, they left the OES dishes in the kitchen. Boy, did they have dishes. We've got cabinets full of OES decorated china. I've washed them a few thousand times in my Masonic career, too :)

Funny!

We have dishes from both lodges that merged to form our current lodge - Shiloh Lodge 558 and MacCalla Lodge 596 and there was recently talk of getting NEW china that has Shiloh - MacCalla Lodge 558 on it, as if two enormous sets of china were not enough! We hold onto it however, because the GL won't let us sell it, give it away or get rid of it in any manner other than destroying it as they don't want "Masonic China" out and about outside the control of a lodge, so we keep it because destroying it just rubs everyone the wrong way!

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
the GL won't let us sell it, give it away or get rid of it in any manner other than destroying it as they don't want "Masonic China" out and about outside the control of a lodge, so we keep it because destroying it just rubs everyone the wrong way!
Wow! I can kind of see their point of view however.

Bloke

Premium Member
Funny!

We have dishes from both lodges that merged to form our current lodge - Shiloh Lodge 558 and MacCalla Lodge 596 and there was recently talk of getting NEW china that has Shiloh - MacCalla Lodge 558 on it, as if two enormous sets of china were not enough! We hold onto it however, because the GL won't let us sell it, give it away or get rid of it in any manner other than destroying it as they don't want "Masonic China" out and about outside the control of a lodge, so we keep it because destroying it just rubs everyone the wrong way!

Could you present one to each new MM?

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Funny!

Better you ask 4 forgiveness then permission

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Here in PA, the Treasurer, with the Chaplain between the two but one step down.
You need to come visit a nj Lodge if you're close enough to the border. I think it would blow your mind. I'm sure it would do the same to me if I ever made a trip to pa

hwood

You need to come visit a nj Lodge if you're close enough to the border. I think it would blow your mind. I'm sure it would do the same to me if I ever made a trip to pa

I'm a PA mason. From what I was told by my mentor New Jersey and New York we're different specially with the 1st°. I for one would love to see this. I live 20 miles from the border NJ outside of Allentown.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Keith C

I'm a PA mason. From what I was told by my mentor New Jersey and New York we're different specially with the 1st°. I for one would love to see this. I live 20 miles from the border NJ outside of Allentown.
Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

From my understanding we in PA are different from any other jurisdiction in the US as we kept the Rituals of the "Antients" as there were no "Modern" lodges remaining in PA when the two merged. Every other US jurisdiction had a mix of "Moderns" and "Antients" and therefor the rituals were combined into one, but actually had more "Modern" content.

I am also not too far from the NJ line, I live about 30 miles west of the NJ line, near Boyertown, PA. I do want to get to a NJ lodge at some point in the not too distant future.