My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Venting.

The Traveling Man

I don't know how you do it beyond opening and closing. I hope they hold off on degree work for several months so you can study. Do they hold you back until you get comfortable or are you nominated for the South the following year?

My lodge is lucky in the fact that we've never had a repeat master since being chartered in 1881. It takes roughly 6 to 8 years to get to the east in my lodge depending on whomever drops, if anyone drops. We always have people wanting to get in line. None of whom are past masters.

I could not imagine starting in that chair and running the Lodge in 3 years.
In my Lodge I was elected JW 7 months after being raised. There are talks of me going to the East next year, which will mean I will have went from EA to WM in less than 2 years. . . .
I have previous Masonic experience, having previously been a member of another Order not recognized by my current GL. That may have had something to do with it, but it's still out of the norm.

Sent from my SM-G930P using My Freemasonry mobile app

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Sometimes you get thrown into the deep end, lol.
with sharks with freaking laser beams attached to their heads.

1fJ5t.gif

Keith C

I was raised last December, I was appointed JD at the beginning last month. The WM, SW and JW approached me last week and said that the current SD is not attending district schools and has made no effort to learn the work necessary to be elected JW in December. They highly recommended that I lean the work as soon as I can, with the goal of being "signed off" by the District Principal in September on the necessary proficiency (Every word for every participant for opening & closing both ways, Business of the Lodge and the EA degree.) That is my goal for the summer!

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
They highly recommended that I lean the work as soon as I can, with the goal of being "signed off" by the District Principal in September on the necessary proficiency (Every word for every participant for opening & closing both ways, Business of the Lodge and the EA degree.) That is my goal for the summer!
I know the feeling, good luck!

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Evening brothers,
I recently went through my 2nd degree, and I have noticed a trend. I have very little to no contact at all with any of the brothers from the lodge, until its time to do my degree work. I study on my own, but don't feel like I'm getting much light that way.
I reach out to the brothers from the lodge, and they tell me they are working on putting a study hall together, but nothing has materialized as of yet. I feel like the only time they want me around, is when it's time to pay for degree work. I will be getting raised in a few weeks, and honestly, I don't feel like i possess the light, to consider myself a master mason.

What grand lodge do you belong to? I looked at some of your previous posts and the issue was raised. Do you belong to with the Grand Lodge of Florida or the PHA grand lodge in your state, I believe it is Most Worshipful Union Grand Lodge of Florida or something like that.

Brian Davis

Since my last post, a lot has changed. I was raised, and afterwards, it was explained why things were done a certain way. I was introduced to a lot of the brother families, and I felt bad for thinking ill of them.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Since my last post, a lot has changed. I was raised, and afterwards, it was explained why things were done a certain way. I was introduced to a lot of the brother families, and I felt bad for thinking ill of them.

Yes but what grand lodge do you belong to?

acjohnson53

what is y'all membership like, two's and fews or or u can open up with out filling seats, what do the P.M. think about it???I praise you from coming from the South to getting to East.../G\SMIB