My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Templar

Tyler Atkinson

Does anyone know a legit Knights Templar organization? I know the York Rite has it but is it the actual order? Does it still exist?

Elexir

No the knights templar (or Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon) does not exist. If Im not misstaken some members fled to portugal where they where granted a new order wich also fell apart.
Most accounts of them are in a romantic light but they where a highly disciplined and highly brutal order.

Elexir

Having a bit of trouble finding any monastic order with the harsh requirments that the knights templar had though.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
For example I once knew the Lt Col of a UK tank regiment. I saw him one day with a man from Switzerland and noticed that they both had the same shape nostril, so I said to Tom, you two have had a past life together. He said: Oh yes. We were Knights Templar together.

The modern equivalent of a squad of armored knights is a tank regiment. Tom was using the same skills 1000 years later.
Seriously?

Elexir

Yea, I guess the military is the closest thing to the knights templar that exist with the hard discipline and hard rules.
However none of the fraterneties that uses KT motif is anywhere near that level of comitment.

As for the swiss flag, its a bit of a long shot, considering the KT cross was thinner.

Elexir

I have not exhausted the historical connections between the Swiss cantons and the KT. Reading history is great.

How is your take on Luxemburg though?
Reading history is great but I would actuly recomend a study of culture to provide context.