Kuala Lumpur Brothers

Discussion in 'International Freemasonry' started by Bro. Clayton, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Bro. Clayton

Bro. Clayton Registered User

Any brothers here living in Kuala Lumpur? The family and I are soon to move there for a couple of years and I would love to visit/participate in a local lodge during our stay.

2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

You find vibrant Freemasonry in KL, but a lot of Freemasons in Malaysia are keeping a lower profile since Fundamentalist Demonstrations against them. Our WM of last year was there and was very well recieved, but he reported local Freemasons were concerned, and that was before the demos this year in Feb

http://freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/freemasonry-protested-in-malaysia.html
    http://freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/malaysia-how-muslims-came-to-fear.html

Not sure where it is at now... and I'm responded because I cannot recall seeing a Malaysian Freemason on this board...

3. Bro. Clayton

Bro. Clayton Registered User

Bro Bloke,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention as I was completely unaware. I suppose I should wait until I arrive to get a good sense of which way the wind is blowing before deciding how openly involved I will want to be.

4. Gopalakrisnan

Gopalakrisnan Registered User

i am searching member to introduce near Petaling Jaya Malaysia area.

5. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Freemasonry has been ILLEGAL since 1961 when Suharto closed all the freemason lodges - probably not a good idea to even discuss the subject

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

6. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

7. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Freemasonry is not illegal in Malaysia. Suharto was a leader in Indonesia - a different country...

8. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Got the two mixed up - should know better since I know people from both Indonesia and Malaysia

9. Tombean

Tombean Registered User

Hello my brothers
    I have contacted the masonic lodge
    near me in Malaysia and the conditions for joining are to be offered by two brothers to recommended me Can I find any Malaysian Mason brothers help me here

10. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

These two brothers would have to know you personally and for some time. Good luck!

11. Tombean

Tombean Registered User

نعم بالتأكيد أنا في ماليزيا طوال الوقت

12. Tombean

Tombean Registered User

Yes sure I'm in Malaysia all the time

Share My Freemasonry