My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lady of a Mason

R

RJS

What, if any, is there for a woman to wear to show that she is the lady of a Mason?

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
if she is the order of the eastern star, she can buy pendants.

otherwise, she's not obligated or anything at all. she can wear whatever the hell she wants. as a man, however, i would ensure that she is endowed with the knowledge to answer any questions about whatever she is wearing... sort of along the lines of what my feelings towards EAs and FCs wearing jewelry are...

edit: problems can arise at the same rate as those associated with EAs and FCs wearing masonic jewelry. be prepared for those problems, and both of you will be happy. there's nothing wrong with her wearing her grandfather's ring proudly.

just my opinion, of course. :)

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
There is a Blue Slipper S&C designed for women, but they are allowed to wear any emblem they want so we as Masons know to help them also if needed.

J

JEbeling

Women can ware anything they want.. ! they are not under any control of any Grand Lodge.. ! I know my Grandmother wore a square and compass for years.. ! was very small and had the all seeing eye and came from Germany.. ! and was called a ladies pin.. ! she would put it on when she went to church or dressed up.. ! my Grandfather always wore his dads cuff links.. ! a masonic pair from Germany.. !

Sirius

In fact - Every Mason should give his wife (or Mother or both) a S&C pin of some sort AND put a S&C on her car.