My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laptop Raffle for Fraternal Assistance

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
This thread was wiped out with the fun that happened the other day so I wanted to put it back up because so many good brothers had already purchased tickets. This post was much more succesful than I anticipated and I cannot thank you brothers enough for your generosity. Here are the details on hte raffle.

Brothers,

Fort Worth Lodge 148 is currently having a raffle for a laptop computer to benefit a brother who is in need of fraternal assistance. The brother was in a very bad motorcycle accident and is unable to work. He supported his mother as well and is currently unable to do so and with the months of rehab. he has just to get walking right again it may be awhile before he can support himself or others he cared for. We as brothers heard the call for help and are trying to help the brother everyway we can.
The details on the laptop are as follows:
Refurbished
Compaq Presario CQ60-615DX
15.6 Diagonal High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display
250GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive
2048MB DDR2 SDRAM
Super Multi 8X DVD+R/RW with Double layer support
6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit)
WLAN 802.11 bgn ME MOW
5-in-1 Digital Media Reader
Warranty-90 Days from date of Purchae/ DOP was 10-26-2010

The price of the tickets for the laptop are as follows:
1 for $6
3 for $11
6 for $21

http://www.fortworth148.org/pay.html

To purchase them you can click on the secure link below which takes you to our Lodge website for electronic payments. Choose the Donation link and put the dollar amount per the amount of tickets you would like and fill in your:
Name
Telephone Number
Email Address
We will then fill the appropriate amount of cards out for you and place it in the bucket to be drawn from.
You can always buy them at lodge as well

The drawing for the computer will be held on December 13th, 2010 at the Fort Worth Masonic Temple at 1100 Henderson Fort Worth, TX on the third floor. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. We will be having Christmas dinner that evening starting at 6pm on floor 3M so bring the family up and enjoy a great dinner and a chance to win a good laptop.

Rhit Moore
Fort Worth 148
www.fortworth148.org

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Thank you for all the brothers who have purchased a ticket! MoT Rocks! Keep'em coming Brothers it is for a worthy cause.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
Bro. Rhit, I just found this today (I've gotta spend more time on the Forum!!). I will try to make a purchase or donation of some sort. Work is S-L-O-W right now, but I LOVE to help others, especially a Brother. I applaud you and the others for stepping up, and doing this, it shows WE are a SPECIAL group...

Hippie

owls84

Premium Member
Bro. Munsel,

If you only knew the response that we have received with this. We are all blessed to belong to such an organization. The raffle that is being held is a great one and I look forward to report the final numbers. I think from just "online sales" we are over $300 but Rhit will have to confirm this. Keep in mind this does not include the money and blood donated for this cause. We have had guys from ALL over the US donate to help and mainly because of the members of MasonsofTexas. One more reason I am proud to be a staff member of the site.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
If there is a way I can help with blood, or replacement for that used, let me know. I can get to Bryan or College Station, and use one of the centers there. I am AB+ which used to be like Gold :)
I often say this Group is like a "Virtual Lodge", in that we can have fellowship, learn to work with each other, be taught by those who know, and learn how to help, and what that actually means. I enjoy reading many of the topics, and the views from others, whether they are in Texas, any other State, or any other Country. Not many forums with a Group or Fraternity like ours can have such an out reach, and see positive results nearly all the time. And, just like in Lodge, we can disagree, but still remain Brothers and Friends.
Thanks,

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Yes blood donations does credit his medical bill $50 dollars a unite if I am right. Josh do you know the acct.# and details on that. By the way next Monday the 13th we are having a Christmas party which Santa is coming so bring the kids and we will raffle off the computer. This event start at 5:30pm at the Fort Worth Temple on floor 3M. There will be dinner at 6pm and Hot Coco and the Movie "Polar Express" for the women and kids while we meet for Stated Meeting.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
Bro. Rhit,
Maybe we should keep an eye out for those in need of blood, cells, platelets etc over this next year, and setup some way we can help out from over the entire State. Also, how about having a Blood Drive at or near Grand Lodge next year. I don't know if they can or will help sponsor something like that, but I'd give in an instant, especially if it would help a Brother, or family member.
Hippie....

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
We have a winner, Kevin Riebold! We will hand him off the laptop Monday and I hope to get pics to post on here. I do have to give a special thanks to my MoT bro.s you made a big difference in the raffle on behalf of the brothers of 148, thank you for all the support.