My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning EA memorization

Tyler Atkinson

A few months ago, myself and several others have gone through our EA and have been working on trying to get our profiency down. The only problem is that majority of us being in the Public Safety field, our work schedules really interfere with our training nights at the lodge and even at work. Now myself in general have pretty much got It down pat but the others I worry. As much as I want to help it seems everyone isn't as eager to learn it as I am. What would guys suggest I do?

JJones

Remember the lesson of the cable tow.

If they are not eager to learn the work then there is little you can do about it.

grayflannelsuit

Premium Member
Remember the lesson of the cable tow.

If they are not eager to learn the work then there is little you can do about it.

Agreed. Were I in the same situation, I would make myself available for help and let it be known that I am available to help my brothers whenever needed. That being said, I am not inclined to drag someone to do the work they really need to be doing themselves. Otherwise the situation will simply repeat itself for the FC degree, MM degree, etc.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
True.
I would make myself available for help and let it be known that I am available to help my brothers whenever needed. That being said, I am not inclined to drag someone to do the work they really need to be doing themselves. Otherwise the situation will simply repeat itself for the FC degree, MM degree, etc.
Also true.

Phil P

I've just now been assigned a coach for my EA proficiency. Kinda felt a little rusty after being in DeMolay & doing that ritual.

Matt L

Site Benefactor
Brother Phil, see if there are other EA degree's going on in the area. It will assist you as you learn the lecture. Being former Demolay you know the process. Congratulations and please keep us informed of your progress.

Phil P

Brother Phil, see if there are other EA degree's going on in the area. It will assist you as you learn the lecture. Being former Demolay you know the process. Congratulations and please keep us informed of your progress.
I definitely will for sure. My coach has me getting with him on Tue & Thur afternoons after lunch, which fits in perfectly with my schedule & I can pick up my wife & 2 youngest sons from school afterwards.