My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lebanon - Middle east

Sigma

Dear All,
In Lebanon it's hard to join because a lot of irregular lodges and the bad images how the people look to freemason.
I checked a lot of forms and found what are the regular lodges near me, I try to contact some of the regular lodges through the website because I don't know a true Brother in a regular lodge.
Before I go further I have a very specific question is it possible to keep my identity undisclosed if I join any regular lodge in Lebanon (for many personal reason specially because how my surrounding think about mason).
Thank you in advance

CLewey44

It sounds like that local lodge already keeps things under wraps there. Also, most Brothers understand that not everyone wants to advertise their Masonic affiliation therefore Masons are pretty good about keeping things like that secretive.

Sigma

Thank you for your reply. But what about the other bodies such as the grand orient de canaan and other. I hope if some just can help to contact one of the regular lodges in Lebanon not other politics and personal benefit bodies calling themself mason...

Bloke

Premium Member
Thank you for your reply. But what about the other bodies such as the grand orient de canaan and other. I hope if some just can help to contact one of the regular lodges in Lebanon not other politics and personal benefit bodies calling themself mason...

You're motives sound worthy.

I would firstly look at
https://dgll.org/en/

Brothers - is this one legit ?
https://nymasons.org/site/districts-lodges/district-grand-lodge-syria-lebanon/

"grand orient de canaan"
That is not a group I could visit as a (regular) Freemason under my Grand Lodge.

I understand your want for anonymity , and that will likely be the case, but I would not be a member of an organisation I would be unwilling to stand up for and defend - anonymity might be your (and sometimes my) preferred position, but one day a relative or friend might see you going into a lodge building, what would you do then ? Deny, leave or defend a worthy organistion ?
(This is not a question for you to answer to us,but for you to answer for yourself - noting it probably took me two years to make up my mind where I stood, and only after experiencing Freemasonry - then the answer was easy, defend the organisation against it detractors. . but I am also blessed to live in a very safe and stable western democracy.. )

Sigma

You are right regarding anonymity it's not right to be like this But in my contry it is hard to be a regular brother because a lot of irregular and fraud bodies the issue is that I don't want my family to be in a bad situation specialy at the beggining.
I already sent an email to the dgll hoping to contact someone near to me to discuss all the points before any further steps.
Thank you again for your reply

Sigma

GUYS I'M REALY SUPER CONFUSED I SEARCHED THE INTERNET AND I FOUND UGLL AND OTHER LODGES AND ALL SAYS THAT ARE MASON.
Some are recognized by clipsas
http://www.gullodge.com/Home/recognition
I hope if you can help me to know where I should start and what I should read and from where to find good information. because also here we have godf and other and all using symbols talking about human and brothers... Some use mason for polical issues other to improve there business.
In my heart I know what I want but I'm not sure where to start.
I love help peolple I serve my community and church when ever I can and with all free time that I have.
Hoping to get your guides
Thank you

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
GUYS I'M REALY SUPER CONFUSED I SEARCHED THE INTERNET AND I FOUND UGLL AND OTHER LODGES AND ALL SAYS THAT ARE MASON.
Some are recognized by clipsas
http://www.gullodge.com/Home/recognition
I hope if you can help me to know where I should start and what I should read and from where to find good information. because also here we have godf and other and all using symbols talking about human and brothers... Some use mason for polical issues other to improve there business.
In my heart I know what I want but I'm not sure where to start.
I love help peolple I serve my community and church when ever I can and with all free time that I have.
Hoping to get your guides
Thank you
These are legitimate : https://nymasons.org/site/districts-lodges/district-grand-lodge-syria-lebanon/
( note, they have now formed a new grand lodge in Lebanon, but this will work).
and
https://dgll.org/en/

Sigma

Thank you for your reply, already I sent a request on dgll and i will check the second link.
Hope I can get more infos
Regards

Sigma

I'm not a brother yet and I hope I will be soon, in the past 3 days I was searching a lot, to be a better man is very nice idea but there is something that still not clear to me. 300 years ago the mason officialy started as I understood but it was before maybe not organized like this. And as for today there is in lebanon alone more than 60 group called them self freemason irregular most of them.
Each group say that the other group is irregular, if I will compare it to christian there is the orthodox people didn't change and all other groups is it like this in regular and irregular?
Regards

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I'm not a brother yet and I hope I will be soon, in the past 3 days I was searching a lot, to be a better man is very nice idea but there is something that still not clear to me. 300 years ago the mason officialy started as I understood but it was before maybe not organized like this. And as for today there is in lebanon alone more than 60 group called them self freemason irregular most of them.
Each group say that the other group is irregular, if I will compare it to christian there is the orthodox people didn't change and all other groups is it like this in regular and irregular?
Regards

No one says the two links I provided you are irregular.

The grand lodge system began 300 Years ago. We have lodge minutes from late 16th C.

Matt L

Site Benefactor
Brother's Bloke and Glen pointed you in the right direction. I was in Beirut in for a few months in 1982, 83 and 84. I plan on visiting again someday, to see the beauty of the city. I want to see the historical part of the city near Nijmeh and the outlying area. Good luck in your quest.

Sigma

No one says the two links I provided you are irregular.

The grand lodge system began 300 Years ago. We have lodge minutes from late 16th C.
Sir maybe my english is note so good that is why you didn't get my point. I checked the two links and already use the contact forum and send them messages in order to get contact with them and get more infos.
In your point of view the regulaty means no changes in any point going back to 1717, but if you check all other mason website when searching the net they all says that are regular and recognized you can go back to the link I provided to understand why I am asking: http://www.gullodge.com/Home/recognition
CLIPSAS UMM GLUDE and around 150 grand lodge are listed worldwide.
It is normal in any group and in any community that people are not union same as at the church I mean.
The GODF also goes back to mid 1700 and previously it was recognised until they remove some main points right? The website is amazing the media they do, they work a lot of politics and if I didn't reach your form I was trying to contact grand orient de canaan!
Maybe the point of regulaty and irregulaty is not confusing for you because you know a lot about it, but from my side I only no the freemason in lebanon from people say they are but beleive me when you see there daily work in life you understand that they are far from be mason... These people are from irregular bodies and when I understand this from your forum I tried to telling them this and they didn't beleive me...
I hope it is clear now I need to read a lot of resources to understand the freemasonry as you guys do it here but for me it's ok always there is the first step and this is my first step toward my new path as I wish.
Thank you again and regards

Sigma

Brother's Bloke and Glen pointed you in the right direction. I was in Beirut in for a few months in 1982, 83 and 84. I plan on visiting again someday, to see the beauty of the city. I want to see the historical part of the city near Nijmeh and the outlying area. Good luck in your quest.
You are right Lebanon is a very nice contry and if you arleady visit it you will understand how people always are divided here and it's the same regarding the mason bodies it's a bit sad in lebanon and hard to get the good direcrion always.
Regards

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Sir maybe my english is note so good that is why you didn't get my point. I checked the two links and already use the contact forum and send them messages in order to get contact with them and get more infos.
In your point of view the regulaty means no changes in any point going back to 1717, but if you check all other mason website when searching the net they all says that are regular and recognized you can go back to the link I provided to understand why I am asking: http://www.gullodge.com/Home/recognition
CLIPSAS UMM GLUDE and around 150 grand lodge are listed worldwide.
It is normal in any group and in any community that people are not union same as at the church I mean.
The GODF also goes back to mid 1700 and previously it was recognised until they remove some main points right? The website is amazing the media they do, they work a lot of politics and if I didn't reach your form I was trying to contact grand orient de canaan!
Maybe the point of regulaty and irregulaty is not confusing for you because you know a lot about it, but from my side I only no the freemason in lebanon from people say they are but beleive me when you see there daily work in life you understand that they are far from be mason... These people are from irregular bodies and when I understand this from your forum I tried to telling them this and they didn't beleive me...
I hope it is clear now I need to read a lot of resources to understand the freemasonry as you guys do it here but for me it's ok always there is the first step and this is my first step toward my new path as I wish.
Thank you again and regards
I never said that regularity meant no changes since 1717.

The two links I provided are regular.

Also see https://www.ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges

Sigma

It sounds like that local lodge already keeps things under wraps there. Also, most Brothers understand that not everyone wants to advertise their Masonic affiliation therefore Masons are pretty good about keeping things like that secretive.
Dear All, Can you please advice what book I should start reading to get more information and to be prepared once I have succeed to connect with any regular masson in Lebanon.
I thanks your support
Best regards

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Dear All, Can you please advice what book I should start reading to get more information and to be prepared once I have succeed to connect with any regular masson in Lebanon.

As above really there is nothing that you can actually do to prepare, however, once you are actually speaking (in the flesh) to a Freemason where you are that will be the time to start asking such questions.

Sigma

As above really there is nothing that you can actually do to prepare, however, once you are actually speaking (in the flesh) to a Freemason where you are that will be the time to start asking such questions.
Thank you. I am waiting now to contact someone regular here, i already met three of freemason all of them was not in the listed lodges that I got it here, And I sent my request through the website to the regular lodge hope to hear from them soon.
Regards

Sigma

Dear All,
One of my friends send the attached link: http://www.grandorientduliban.org/?page_id=82
In summary, he say what happened in 1717 is only between 4 lodges in uk only and all other lodges didn't accept it, and he say what happened in 1717 make a blockage with the history of freemasonry and was not right.
I realy appreciate if someone can help me and give me the contact of someone regular in lebanon in order to proceed because all other irregular lodges in lebanon are easy to find or to call but the regular one I'm not able to find or contact them. near me I have 4 lodges and I asked for location no one could give me. Please if someone can send me good information or clarify more about the regular and irregular issue it will be good for me. Because I don't want to start my journey in a bad way or in a way that is not recognised.
Best regards