My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

List of Demised Lodges

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Is there a current list of demised Lodges? I wonder how many Lodges we loose on average every year...

cemab4y

Premium Member
It seems reasonable, that each Grand Lodge's Grand Secretary, would keep a roster, of lodges that have closed or consolidated. I belonged to a lodge in Kenmore, New York, which surrendered its charter Dec. 31 2008. The lodge merged with another lodge.

owls84

Premium Member
This may still be published in the annual communications from the GL. I know it used to be but they changed what is published. If you haven't looked at some then you aught to. It used to publish all the EAs, FCs, and MM that were done that year by name and by Lodge. They were impressive as far as to how much information used to be in them, but I have not seen one from last year.

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
I went back to 1945 when our lodge was chartered and did a chart foreach year using the annual communications from the GL, it is something to see how your lodge changes each year.

Wingnut

Premium Member
Interesting... what kind of chart? Ive been working on a timeline for my Research paper but a chart might even be more interesting.

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
In the annual communications that shows all the information pertaining to your lodge i.e. membership, deaths, demits, npd, and so forth, I did a line by line entry for each year so you could see the growth of the lodge without having to go to each annual communications book.

nick1368

It seems reasonable, that each Grand Lodge's Grand Secretary, would keep a roster, of lodges that have closed or consolidated. I belonged to a lodge in Kenmore, New York, which surrendered its charter Dec. 31 2008. The lodge merged with another lodge.

how old was this lodge and why did yall merge?