My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little restaurants part 2.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Since the old "hole in the wall" thread got very long, I'll start a new one.

What new or newly-renewed purely local restaurant have you come across lately that really impresses you?

Mine is "Mermaid's in Rockport". It just re-opened after the old management ran it into the ground. I stepped in just to see what was up (and give my ex-stepdaughter her mail--she's a bartender there). I was very happy I did. The food is something you wouldn't expect in Rockport. I had nigiri sushi (yellowtail) that was excellent. Then I had a caprese that could not be beat. They also have steaks and other less exotic stuff, but I was wanting to try a few things.

Cocktails also quite good there. It's all-call.

JJones

My favorite secret is a place called the Owl's Nest in Covington, TX. It's an easily overlooked hole in the wall in a one horse town. I can't remember the last time I ate there that I wasn't impressed with the quality of their food and service.