Lodge Officer Duties - Senior Warden

Discussion in 'Officers of the Lodge' started by Blake Bowden, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

His Jewel is the Level...symbolizing that all Masons meet on the level, without regard to social, political or religious beliefs or status.

The Senior Warden of a Masonic Lodge is the second in command within the Lodge Officers. In the absence of the Worshipful Master, the Senior Warden assumes the Worshipful Master's duties. The Senior Warden of a Masonic Lodge sits in the West (symbolic of the setting sun) and assists the Worshipful Master in opening and closing the Lodge. The Senior Warden is in charge of the Lodge when it is at labor. His position is similar to a Vice-President of any organization.

His ancient duties were to pay the Craft (the members of the guild) their wages and to handle disputes among the workers. It is his duty to support the Master and to prepare himself for that office during the following year.

Bro. J.Rucker likes this.
  2. MBC

MBC Twice Registered User Premium Member

I'm going to be invested as Senior Warden on the coming Tuesday. (24/11/2015) One step closer to the East!

3. flttrainer

flttrainer Premium Member

Congrats Brother.

MBC likes this.
  4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

This is my present office. Hopefully I will be installed as WM in December. I have been working and studying hard so as to be worthy of the honor.

Bloke and Keith C like this.
  5. BullDozer Harrell

BullDozer Harrell Registered User

Congratulations brother, you sound very optimistic but have you been elected & accepted nominations for office of WM already?

Sent from Android using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. Warrior1256

Thank you Brother.
    Not yet, that is why I said "Hopefully", I don't wish to presume. However, everyone seems to be satisfied with the job that I have done in past chairs. About the only way that those in my mother lodge would not nominate me or would vote against me is if they don't believe me to be worthy.

7. BullDozer Harrell

BullDozer Harrell Registered User

The seat and office is yours! I've only seen it in rare & unexpected cases that our SW doesn't ascend to the East.

Either a Brother passes away in the West or declines the nomination for personal reasons.

It's looking like you want it so they'll more likely than not likely grant your wish.

I can appreciate your humility tremendously though.

SimonM and Warrior1256 like this.
  8. Warrior1256

I do very much want it. The other offices that I hold is due to the fact that I am needed there and was asked. Please don't misunderstand, I am honored to hold these posts as they signify that Brothers trust me to perform these duties. But being WM of my mother lodge is to only post that I have aspired to.

Thank you very much Brother.

SimonM likes this.

Share My Freemasonry