My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge Officers

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
"Art. 264. Officers Listed.
The officers of the Lodge and their titles shall be as follows: Worshipful Master, Senior Warden, Junior Warden, Treasurer, Secretary, Chaplain, Senior Deacon, Junior Deacon, Senior Steward, Junior Steward, and Tiler.
The Lodge may at its option provide in its Bylaws for either a Marshal, Master of Ceremonies or Musician or any or all, of the same. (italics mine)
In line of seniority, the Marshal shall follow the Junior Steward, then the Master of Ceremonies, then the Musician, and finally the Tiler. (Revised 1996)
Such amendment to the Bylaws shall not require the approval of Grand Lodge. The Committee on Work shall establish the place on the Lodge floor for such officers, prescribe the ritual for installation and define the jewel for such officers."

If your Lodge's by-laws provide for those officers and your Lodge uses the standard Form 23, those three officers are generally appointed, not elected. In most GLoTX Lodges, only the WM, Wardens, Treasurer, Secretary, and Tiler are elected.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Brother- dont mean to put you on the spot....but ive noticed youve said that alot.....just curious if youve found the answers?
Oh yes, to most of them anyway. No only to the few that have slipped my mind and I have forgotten to ask. I am very interested in Masonry and when a question piques my curiosity I try to find out more about it.