My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge Presents Charges Against South Carolina Grand Master and Officers

by Christopher Hodapp It was almost 160 years ago to the day, on April 12, 1861, when the South Carolina militia opened fire on Fort Sumter in South Carolina and kicked off the Civil War, the...

For the latest news and information from around the Masonic world, be sure to check the www.freemasonsfordummies.com website.
rLI11E34uMU

Continue reading...

Tylerl90

MW Brother @Glen Cook, I am curious as to your opinions on how this is going to turn out, if you're allowed to speak to it. I'm hoping for the best as an "outsider", as I am under Florida jurisdiction not South Carolina. I fear for the SC Brothers and Masonry as a whole though.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
MW Brother @Glen Cook, I am curious as to your opinions on how this is going to turn out, if you're allowed to speak to it. I'm hoping for the best as an "outsider", as I am under Florida jurisdiction not South Carolina. I fear for the SC Brothers and Masonry as a whole though.
Where DID that crystal ball go? :).

I am not familiar with SC trial rules or more particularly rules for trial of a GM. I will say that the charges are poorly drafted, impertinent and give off more heat than light. The purpose of charges is to give notice of facts and the law that is alleged to be violated, not for invective.

Tylerl90

Where DID that crystal ball go? :).

I am not familiar with SC trial rules or more particularly rules for trial of a GM. I will say that the charges are poorly drafted, impertinent and give off more heat than light. The purpose of charges is to give notice of facts and the law that is alleged to be violated, not for invective.

I thought you received the crystal ball with the MW title?? Haha

I agree the charges could be drafted better. However, it certainly feels like a lot of SC Masons are on board with ousting the sitting GM and rejecting his expulsion of a PGM.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app