My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Distance Cycling

Matt L

Site Benefactor
My brother in-law is a retired CHP officer. He rides (road races) for Morgan Stanley, and referee's race's all over the US with his wife. He rode in a race that runs from Washington state to Florida a few times. I wish I could get into it, the roads in my area are great for training according to my brother in-law.

Matt L

Site Benefactor
My cousin was a stewardess on TWA, ended up marrying a "Bloke" and has lived in Melbourne for over 30 years and retired from National Australia Bank. I visited years ago as a young US Marine, really enjoyed my stay. I could use a Carlton Draught right now.

Bloke

Premium Member
My cousin was a stewardess on TWA, ended up marrying a "Bloke" and has lived in Melbourne for over 30 years and retired from National Australia Bank. I visited years ago as a young US Marine, really enjoyed my stay. I could use a Carlton Draught right now.

I like (Carlton) Draught on tap, but boutique beers and micro breweries have really bloomed over recent years. Mountain Goat was probably the first inner city brewery to hit scale and significant profile. It's a great story: the two founders would get there beer on tap, then go to that pub and get smashed on their own beer. Being a new beer, bar staff noticed it's "popularity" and the owners would be using whisper marketing during their visit: " this beer is awesome! Have you tried it ?"... i like the high tail ale, but its the sort of beer you only have 1-2 of... the steam ale seems everywhere in trendy places.... the craft beer scene here is awesome and will really be hurting CUB that makes Carlton Draught, Melb Bitter, VB, Foster's, etc etc. We've got a new brewery about 5 min walk from our lodge building, and 3 pubs within 4 min walk. We're well positioned:)

MarkR

Premium Member
My wife is still an avid cyclist, but no longer does competition. In her younger days, she was one of few women in our state who could do 200 miles in under 12 hours (road riding, not off-road.) She still puts between 6-8000 miles a year on her three bikes. She rarely uses her car.