My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Symbol movie coming

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Columbia Pictures has announced British screenwriter Steven Knight will be adapting Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol for a projected 2012 movie version. Imagine Entertainment's Brian Grazer and and John Calley are producing. No word on whether Tom Hanks will return for the third Robert Langdon film, although he has publicly expressed his interest in the role. Director Ron Howard isn't attached to the project yet either, although he is a partner at Imagine.

http://freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com/2010/02/lost-symbol-movie-in-2012.html

Ron Howard was at the Austin Film Festival and when asked about it showed next to no commitment to the project. I don't know if that was business or his actual level of interest. This was also just before the book came out.

It'll be interesting with a Brit adapting it - since they're just now getting over things like forcing judges to register if they are freemasons.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Awesome! If all goes well, I'll be Worshipful Master when it comes out. I'd like to see more Lodges take advantage of the buzz this movie is sure to bring. When the book was released, many Lodges up north actually held open houses and took advantage of all the hype.

cambridgemason

Premium Member
Premium Member
we did run some open houses, but that was just business as usual here in Mass. but we did see a increase in the hype, so maybe the brits can do a better job in representing us in a movie. can't wait.

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
There will be a lot of hype surrounding this movie. I am trying to get us to have an open house to take advantage of the book.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
GET YOUR PETITIONS READY, BROTHERS, THERE'S ANOTHER DAN BROWN MOVIE COMING OUT.

:) haha. couldn't resist. sorry!

M

mark!

Haha, true true. My wife will be happy to see this, she's a Dan Brown fan.

JRiggs75

I heard of the news and a few Tennessee lodges have expressed interest in a open house on the US debut of the film

jwhoff

Premium Member
I can't wait for the scene where the female heroin is stalked by the tattoo man in the pitch black vault. That ought to be three or four minutes of pure excitement ... especially for us visual types.

Still, in keeping with that, I don't suppose we will need to change the porch light before the curious show up. We can just let them in and chase them around the dark lodge room a while before handing them a petition.

This is going to be great!

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
here's the trailer:

[video=youtube;LZIO_CE_cmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZIO_CE_cmc[/video]

so many S&C everywhere. this is going to generate a lot of petitions...