My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic fear of motorcycles

jvarnell

Premium Member
We are putting together a Car Show fund raiser at John C. Pelt #1321 Sept. 15th 2018 and I want to know if anyone thinks having motorcycles a part of the show a problem. We have members that think having motorcycles send a wrong message. As a MM in the west this year I still believe it is the internal not external and motorcycles are just more going on. As a part of a Duncanville city wide event we are having a car show, Blood Drive and open house and would like to include all things shiny in the car show.

What do you think?

chrmc

When it's a show I don't think it'll be a big problem, and it may help you get more attendees. If we start talking about Masonic biker clubs etc. it's a different discussion, but for people to exhibit cool "modes of transportation" bring on the bikes.

rpbrown

Premium Member
I wouldn't think there would be an issue. They have a car & motorcycle show at family day every year

JanneProeliator

There is plenty of Masonic motorcycle clubs. Perhaps ask one of them to organise the bike part too so you'll have Masons' bikes there to show.

Bro Asad

Premium Member
I know many good men who ride bikes. I myself am recovering from a crash that rendered me unable to walk for a couple of months. As suggested, definitely try reaching out to the Masonic Motorcycle Clubs and I'm sure they'll be glad to participate. Maybe some of the Veterans or LE clubs would consider contributing as well?
I'm interested in knowing the reasoning behind the belief some of our brothers have in regards to bikes sending the 'wrong message'

MarkR

Premium Member
I'm interested in knowing the reasoning behind the belief some of our brothers have in regards to bikes sending the 'wrong message'
Because far too many of the various chapters have seemed to enjoy presenting a tough-guy motorcycle gang image rather than a Masonic one. For the life of me, I don't understand why they had to go to a rocker-patches on vest look. The public sees that as threatening.

Don't bother lecturing me on the difference between a riding club and an "M.C." and the number and types of rockers and their meanings. The public doesn't know or understand any of that.

Bro Asad

Premium Member
Because far too many of the various chapters have seemed to enjoy presenting a tough-guy motorcycle gang image rather than a Masonic one.

This is news to me.. Would you kindly elaborate on what factors making up an image may allude to or be a definitive depiction of a 'Masonic' image and how the elemental constituents contained in this particular image portrays one as.. Someone who's not a 'tough-guy'?

Thomas Stright

Premium Member
Because far too many of the various chapters have seemed to enjoy presenting a tough-guy motorcycle gang image rather than a Masonic one. For the life of me, I don't understand why they had to go to a rocker-patches on vest look. The public sees that as threatening.

Don't bother lecturing me on the difference between a riding club and an "M.C." and the number and types of rockers and their meanings. The public doesn't know or understand any of that.

We have no rockers.....

bottom.gif

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
This is news to me.. Would you kindly elaborate on what factors making up an image may allude to or be a definitive depiction of a 'Masonic' image and how the elemental constituents contained in this particular image portrays one as.. Someone who's not a 'tough-guy'?
The following were deemed to not present a proper image of Masonry in Texas: WS HK.png WS RA.jpg Carl's Black Widow.jpg Twin Pillars.jpg

Attachments

• WS coin.jpg
    WS coin.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 589

MarkR

Premium Member
Widow's Sons always ask why some object to them, then when they are answered, they want to argue about it.

If you don't see the difference between the image of "making good men better" and the image of motorcycle gangs, I don't know what to tell you.