Masonic fear of motorcycles

Discussion in 'Freemasonry In Texas' started by jvarnell, Aug 17, 2018.

1. jvarnell

jvarnell Premium Member

We are putting together a Car Show fund raiser at John C. Pelt #1321 Sept. 15th 2018 and I want to know if anyone thinks having motorcycles a part of the show a problem. We have members that think having motorcycles send a wrong message. As a MM in the west this year I still believe it is the internal not external and motorcycles are just more going on. As a part of a Duncanville city wide event we are having a car show, Blood Drive and open house and would like to include all things shiny in the car show.

What do you think?

Eliah likes this.
  2. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

When it's a show I don't think it'll be a big problem, and it may help you get more attendees. If we start talking about Masonic biker clubs etc. it's a different discussion, but for people to exhibit cool "modes of transportation" bring on the bikes.

WX2CIB likes this.
  3. rpbrown

rpbrown Premium Member

I wouldn't think there would be an issue. They have a car & motorcycle show at family day every year

4. jvarnell

jvarnell Premium Member

Thanks for the reply. That is what I thought.

5. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

As a member of the 3° MMC, I don't think it's an issue.

6. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I don't get the issue.

In my lodge I (JW) ride as does our SW, 6 PMs at least 4 other brothers and our Pursuivant works at a HD dealer!

WX2CIB and LK600 like this.
  7. JanneProeliator

JanneProeliator Registered User

There is plenty of Masonic motorcycle clubs. Perhaps ask one of them to organise the bike part too so you'll have Masons' bikes there to show.

8. LK600

LK600 Premium Member

I was speaking to two Widows Sons members on Monday; great guys. Seriously considering joining.

JanneProeliator likes this.
  9. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

Only GLoT recognized club here in Texas is Free Masons Riding Club
    http://www.freemasonsrc.com/

MMs here in Texas can only be a member of FMRC.

Bill Lins likes this.
  10. Thomas Stright

Maybe they need to get out more....

11. LK600

LK600 Premium Member

I've never heard of them... Ill have to check it out, thank you.

12. Bro Asad

Bro Asad Premium Member

I know many good men who ride bikes. I myself am recovering from a crash that rendered me unable to walk for a couple of months. As suggested, definitely try reaching out to the Masonic Motorcycle Clubs and I'm sure they'll be glad to participate. Maybe some of the Veterans or LE clubs would consider contributing as well?
    I'm interested in knowing the reasoning behind the belief some of our brothers have in regards to bikes sending the 'wrong message'

13. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Because far too many of the various chapters have seemed to enjoy presenting a tough-guy motorcycle gang image rather than a Masonic one. For the life of me, I don't understand why they had to go to a rocker-patches on vest look. The public sees that as threatening.

Don't bother lecturing me on the difference between a riding club and an "M.C." and the number and types of rockers and their meanings. The public doesn't know or understand any of that.

dfreybur, Bill Lins and Glen Cook like this.
  14. Bro Asad

Bro Asad Premium Member

This is news to me.. Would you kindly elaborate on what factors making up an image may allude to or be a definitive depiction of a 'Masonic' image and how the elemental constituents contained in this particular image portrays one as.. Someone who's not a 'tough-guy'?

15. Thomas Stright

We have no rockers.....

[​IMG]

16. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

The following were deemed to not present a proper image of Masonry in Texas: WS HK.png WS RA.jpg Carl's Black Widow.jpg Twin Pillars.jpg

Attached Files:

17. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Bill Lins likes this.
  18. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Widow's Sons always ask why some object to them, then when they are answered, they want to argue about it.

If you don't see the difference between the image of "making good men better" and the image of motorcycle gangs, I don't know what to tell you.

chrmc likes this.
  19. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

20. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Share My Freemasonry