My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Lawyer Missouri harassment case

Is Freemasonry a Dictatorship?

• Total voters

Bloke

Premium Member
Would like to discuss both masonic charges and harassment charges.
To discuss masonic charges here would be a masonic offense. To discuss a matter before a Court does not seem good form.

I am not going to vote in this poll, but the results will likely be bias. The answer depends on your local rules, and your personal experience, but I would say it is a mix of both. Often GLs can be democratic, but the powers of GMs are often like a dictatorship (It depends on how the GM exercises his powers and what powers were democratically given to him)... and often even the democratic processes of GL can often be overruled by a GM. I would likely vote it is a benevolent dictatorship but constrained by local rules and process and precident.. If a GL (or GM) does operate like a dictatorship, members will walk or change the system which produced a GM or group of masonic leaders which acts dictator. the public can read this and will not understand.. but neither will many masons. The only time many become aware of this is when they feel or see it - but also it needs to be remembers anyone acting like a peak dictator has likely been elected and only for a year or two and given the power a group of Freemasons voted for were needed to do the job. Many GMs are given Reserved Powers to be used in extreme cases but get overused.. and at the end of the day, masonic leaders will have Reserve Powers rather than Presidential ones.. but that would be an interesting discussion.

Winter

Premium Member
You have a few things going here. The poll and the request to discuss Masonic charges as well as harassment. Let's take them in order.

A dictatorship is where one individual or a small group exercise power with no constitutional limitations. As the Master is elected for a specified period of time and is still responsible to the Masonic Code of his GL during his term and after (even if some GL's prohibit charges being brought against a sitting WM) we can easily say that your poll is a very resounding no. Have some Masters abused their position and attempted to behave as despots? Sure. But they usually get theirs in the end. Sadly, often not before they ruin many a good Brother.

Are you looking to discuss specific Masonic charges that have, or will, or should, be brought against yourself or another Brother? (If you are a Brother, we know nothing about you) If so, this is absolutely not the place for that. If you are interested in a general discussion of Masonic charges and maybe how they differ by jurisdiction, I could see that being an interesting discussion.

And as for harassment charges, again, if you are referring to a specific incident your GL (if you are a Mason) will have specific reporting procedures and you should go that route.

Urdecker

To discuss masonic charges here would be a masonic offense. To discuss a matter before a Court does not seem good form.

I am not going to vote in this poll, but the results will likely be bias. The answer depends on your local rules, and your personal experience, but I would say it is a mix of both. Often GLs can be democratic, but the powers of GMs are often like a dictatorship (It depends on how the GM exercises his powers and what powers were democratically given to him)... and often even the democratic processes of GL can often be overruled by a GM. I would likely vote it is a benevolent dictatorship but constrained by local rules and process and precident.. If a GL (or GM) does operate like a dictatorship, members will walk or change the system which produced a GM or group of masonic leaders which acts dictator. the public can read this and will not understand.. but neither will many masons. The only time many become aware of this is when they feel or see it - but also it needs to be remembers anyone acting like a peak dictator has likely been elected and only for a year or two and given the power a group of Freemasons voted for were needed to do the job. Many GMs are given Reserved Powers to be used in extreme cases but get overused.. and at the end of the day, masonic leaders will have Reserve Powers rather than Presidential ones.. but that would be an interesting discussion.
Thank you.
I've decided less is more.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
The law should severely punish anyone accused in a harassment case. I had to have a similar experience, and it was terrible. Now I know how to stop blackmail, but I think this experience has made me more rigid and selective in communication, and now I distrust people. I think that those who allow themselves to be harassed should be censured by society and the law, and that should stop. And I think that no matter who this person is, a lawyer or a housing office plumber, he should be judged.
Surely the law should punish only those found to have committed such acts, and not only accused of them

You really wish to punish those who are victims of harassment? Did you mean the opposite?

Bro. R. Mitchell

Everyone has personal opinions as it pertains to masonry. What must not be forgotten is, "Masonry and the involvement in such is voluntary! So, viewing it as a dictatorship is opinionated and everyone has the right to deal with the obligations governed through bylaws, or move on and have no no affiliation. I choose to stick around because nothing I've been obligated to do, extends beyond the length of my cable-tow or the resources I'm willing to share and part ways with! SMIB

Winter

Premium Member
Sexual harassment has become all too common today. I think because of developed capitalism, there are a lot of rich people who can afford to violate the rights of others. For example, recently, the soccer player Dani Alves was accused of rape, and I think he really did it. But there are some women who specifically accuse men of sexual assault in order to blackmail them. I was in a similar situation, but these guys ucmjdefense.com helped me to prove my innocence. Thanks to them, I am free.
Odd first post. Are you a Freemason?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Sexual harassment has become all too common today. I think because of developed capitalism, there are a lot of rich people who can afford to violate the rights of others. For example, recently, the soccer player Dani Alves was accused of rape, and I think he really did it. But there are some women who specifically accuse men of sexual assault in order to blackmail them. I was in a similar situation, but these guys ucmjdefense.com helped me to prove my innocence. Thanks to them, I am free.
From your post, I suspect I know why you were accused.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I noticed your question about the Masonic Lawyer Missouri harassment case, and let me tell you, it's a topic that deserves some attention. So, grab a cup of coffee, and let's dive into it!
First off, let me introduce myself as someone who has been in the legal field paulmankin for quite some time. While I'm not directly involved in the Masonic Lawyer Missouri harassment case, I've seen my fair share of legal battles, and this one sure is a hot topic among legal professionals.
Spam