Master Mason Ring

Discussion in 'Becoming a Freemason' started by fmasonlog, Feb 14, 2017.

1. fmasonlog

fmasonlog Registered User

Is a MM golden ring for 500$ a fair price or can we Masons get them at a cheaper price... I was at first under the impression that lodge gave us our rings lol... silly me.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

fmasonlog likes this.
  3. RayverInColorado

RayverInColorado Registered User

Etsy has a fair selection of rings at a wide selection price range.

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry

fmasonlog likes this.
  4. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

fmasonlog likes this.
  5. rpbrown

rpbrown Premium Member

A lot depends on what you are looking for. I have an everyday ring that is stainless steel. Almost indestructible, cost about $75.00 and that is why its my everyday. I also have my MM ring that my wife presented to me that is sterling silver and was obviously more expensive (about the range you quoted). Then she presented me with my Past Masters ring which is white gold with real stones and custom made. It was about 4x what you quoted. By the way, did I mention that I love my wife :)

fmasonlog likes this.
  6. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

If I had $500 to spend on a ring I would go to a custom jeweler and have something made.

fmasonlog, jermy Bell and Warrior1256 like this.
  7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I prefer silver jewelry. Got a silver MM ring and it looks great. A lot cheaper to boot, lol.

fmasonlog and Brother JC like this.
  8. jermy Bell

jermy Bell Registered User

A lot of rings that are for sale like on ebay, are from estate sales, but the people reselling them think there worth 100xs it weight in gold because it's masonic. I found a catalog at one of the lodges I attend that had some nice rings and a decent price.

fmasonlog likes this.
  9. fmasonlog

I don't think you did lol

10. fmasonlog

Thanks to all the Brothers. It appears their price is simply higher due to the fact it's a Masonic ring as jermy Bell said. But, I'll make the decision this weekend :D

11. Hank Scott

Hank Scott Registered User

Gordon is a brother in my lodge here in Brunswick Georgia. I've got two of his rings and love them. He prices them fairly and they'll last a lifetime.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  12. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

I am trying to get an order together for custom lodge rings.

13. Hank Scott

Hank Scott Registered User

Let me know if I can do anything here locally to help with that. Just send me a private message.

14. Warrior1256

Bookmarked, thanks.

15. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

I don't think Masonic rings are the price they are today because they are Masonic; I'm pretty sure it's because gold is $1,200 an ounce.
    When I got my ring in 1994, I went down to one of the local jewelry stores (not a Zales or Jarred or whatever but a true local store) and picked it out from a wide in-stock selection. I think I paid $100-$120* for it. It's solid 10K gold with a full back, the whole nine yards. I know I didn't pay any more than that, and it might have been less.

Now, the price of gold has gone through the roof, there aren't too many local jewelry stores, and stores seldom stock Masonic jewelry. That, in my opinion, is a snapshot and microcosm of the deterioration of society.

*inflation calculator says $120 is 1994 is equivalent to $196 today

Warrior1256 likes this.
  16. Warrior1256

Exactly.

17. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

My partner was a jeweller. The issue is not the price of materials, that actually helps, a major issue is cheap production costs in places like India taking production off shore.

Share My Freemasonry