My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership Survey

BroBear

Greetings Brothers

I am running an online survey about recruitment and retention of members in Freemasonry and would like to ask members for their opinions.

I am hoping to collect information from across the globe on the best methods to attract new members to the craft and how to encourage them to stay. I will be publishing the results in about 4 weeks time but will provide updates when I can.

The Link to the survey is here
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8GTY9CY

I am not conducting this survey for my lodge or official organ of the craft, this is all to be collected and disseminated publicly. All the feedback is of course anonymous.

I look forward to your responses

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Bloke

Premium Member
Greetings Brothers

I am running an online survey about recruitment and retention of members in Freemasonry and would like to ask members for their opinions.

I am hoping to collect information from across the globe on the best methods to attract new members to the craft and how to encourage them to stay. I will be publishing the results in about 4 weeks time but will provide updates when I can.

The Link to the survey is here
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8GTY9CY

I am not conducting this survey for my lodge or official organ of the craft, this is all to be collected and disseminated publicly. All the feedback is of course anonymous.

I look forward to your responses

I assume you googled for current research? Queensland and Victoria have both done researching this space as have USA GLS

BroBear

I wasn't able to find the specific results I was looking for.
I have a few sections in the survey asking for ideas Lodges are using to promote the craft and how successful they are,

I'm interested in seeing what members think is working locally

Bloke

Premium Member
I see. I did the survey before I asked.... i always say getting new members is like selling a house: Internet listing, for sale and pointer board, buyers list, contacts, sign in the shop window, print advertising... it all brings in different audiences. What is often neglected but matters is retention. Initiate 100, loose 80 ( that's Greg Godings 10 year loss benchmark) gets a different result to initiate 50, loose 20...Me, i like quantitative over qualitative research. My "quite well" could mean *anything*. It's important to know over the last 9 years I'm talking 21 candidates, 15 retained, 7 in office, about 70% attendance of retained members. Then you need to look at the losses.. and why. Most lodges have no idea (my other lodge doesnt).... recruitment is simply marketing - identify a target market and engage. Retention, that's often the trick!

The problem is you need to be able to quantify answers. Those 21 candidates is a low volume compared to my other Craft lodge...

Sent from my SM-G920I using My Freemasonry mobile app

Bloke

Premium Member
Check out the blue Lounge Social Club on Facebook- that's a group to watch ( and they do a good podcast) :D