My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monthly Fish Fry

Robert Marshall

Secretary, Waco 92
Premium Member
Waco Monthly Fish Fry

All brethren, their families, and friends are certainly welcome to attend the monthly fish fry held at Waco Lodge No. 92. We typically have the fry on the second Friday of the month. There is talk of changing up next month and having a barbeque, or some other type of food, but for now let's continue to call it a fish fry. All you can eat and plates are 7.50. We'd sure love to serve yall!

4324 Cobbs Drive Waco, TX 76706

If anyone needs directions don't hesitate to ask and I'll be happy to give you a call.

Last edited:

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Wow a monthly Fish Fry? I know our local Elks Lodge does that once a year, and from what I hear the turnout is unreal!

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
Wow a monthly Fish Fry? I know our local Elks Lodge does that once a year, and from what I hear the turnout is unreal!

For sure.... I believe that we have one coming up pretty soon too.
That may be something to think about for us to do at the Masonic Lodge too.

Robert Marshall

Secretary, Waco 92
Premium Member
You know. Our turn out is commendable. We make a moderate profit. The food is amazing. Our workers are tremendous. The problem is that we haven't really gotten the word out too well. I'm hoping to band together with a couple of Brothers at my Lodge and turn it around. You know.. simple little things like a small column on the side of the newspaper where community announcements are usually located. I'm unfamiliar with "Elks Lodges." Forgive me for I'm still very new to Masonry, atleast officially. I was prepared at heart long ago.

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
You know. Our turn out is commendable. We make a moderate profit. The food is amazing. Our workers are tremendous. The problem is that we haven't really gotten the word out too well. I'm hoping to band together with a couple of Brothers at my Lodge and turn it around. You know.. simple little things like a small column on the side of the newspaper where community announcements are usually located. I'm unfamiliar with "Elks Lodges." Forgive me for I'm still very new to Masonry, atleast officially. I was prepared at heart long ago.

Elk's Lodges are not affiliated with Masonic Lodges at all.
The Elk's Lodges were formed in New York by some former Masons.
The Elk's is often referred to as "the Mason's Party Lodge." The reason being is because you will find that many Masons are also members of the Elk's Lodge.

Here's a link that you may find interesting. www.elkshistory.org

owls84

Premium Member
I have visited Waco Lodge #92 (Lodge Admin. Forum Last Year) and let me tell you guys something, thier Lodge is beautiful. I loved the way it looked. I wish I could attend but the Friday date makes it a little more difficult.

Robert Marshall

Secretary, Waco 92
Premium Member
Thank you very much for the kind words, owls. I understand the scheduling difficulties. Thanks for considering!

Robert Marshall

Secretary, Waco 92
Premium Member
Hm. I think 6-8 is the correct time. For sure, you could show up at 6 or 7 and know that you're getting a darned good meal and in darned good company. :)

Ben Rodriguez

Fantastic!

Sometime ago, my lodge held a fish fry, I brought my lady with me and we absolutely loved the food and the company, we stuffed our faces with fish fry and talked to some great folks. Denton to Waco is a long drive, but I believe it is worth every mile. I will definitely do my best to make it out there, if my availability permits me.

Robert Marshall

Secretary, Waco 92
Premium Member
Our monthly fish fry was last night. I managed to get an ad in the paper earlier in the week, and boy, did we have a turnout. This time we had some fried jalapenos and onion rings to go with the fish, fries, and hushpuppies. There be good eatin' goin on at 92. :cool:

Old Corky

Premium Member
Waller Lodge will be having an "All you can eat pancake supper and silent auction" fundraiser on May 16, 2009, starting at 6:30 pm with tickets at $6.00 each.

Pancake Supper? Hoo boy pancakes, Masons are supposed to sell brisket or fish, that's what I said when the first one came up two years ago. But it turned out to be one of our better earning fundraisers. In all honesty however, the silent auction brought in most of the money. But the pancake supper brought the people to the Lodge.

Old Corky