My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas Annual Communication

Wingnut

Premium Member
Ive never been to GL but I think I would like to go, but have a LOT of questions.

1. where does everyone try stay?
2. do you go down on Wed night or thur am?
3. is there a cost for attending?
4. I understand that only Lodge Officers and proxy have voting rights, so do you need to pre-register?

nick1368

1. where does everyone try stay? I know for our lodge we try to stay at the same hotel but just where ever you can find a room.
2. do you go down on Wed night or thur am? I am not sure what is going on this year, but last year (I think) they put on a M.M. degree on Thurs night. I think most people don't arrive until Thurs evening.
3. is there a cost for attending? Just the cost of your room and food oh and anything you buy in the basement (they will have the New Grand Masters Logo on anything that doesn't move for sale!)
4. I understand that only Lodge Officers and proxy have voting rights, so do you need to pre-register? You can online this year but you don't have to. Once you get there you will need to so you can get your name tag...make sure you have your current dues card

Wingnut

Premium Member
Thank you. I think Im gonna pre-reg in case I can get away for the entire time. I want to spend some time doing some research for our lodge history committee also. Not to mention buy some masonic bling!

J

JEbeling

Always go up on thursday.. ! I find two days is all I can stand.. ! introductions can get long.. !

If its your first trip.. make sure you spend time in the libary and museum.. some very interesting stuff.. ! gives you a sence of history of masonary.. ! Texas has a great masonic history.. !

Texas_Justice85

1.) I work at the new Hampton Inn in Waco (south location). I can try to help some of you guys out.
2.) I live here so Ill be here the whole time. BTW, there will be a MM degree confirmed on Friday night the 5th (believe me, I should be the one to know)
3.) not for me
4.) you can do it there

I will be available for most of the time that weekend, if you guys arent busy with GL then hit me up and I will take you guys to some great places to eat or grab a cold one.

Texas_Justice85

Well guys, I cant keep a secret. Its not really a secret because I can tell you but it was gonna be a surprise..

The person being confirmed at Grand Lodge on Friday night is me!! be sure to come by and see me afterwards so I can put a face to the name.

Last edited:

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
The MM Deg. Will be right after the Waco Banquet that will be at 5:30 PM, the dress will be whatever, although most have suits.
Brother Jerry