My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moto 360 Smartwatch

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I've been using the Pebble Steel for a couple of months now but was able to get my hands on a Moto 360. So far so good! Even threw on a custom band..

2.jpg
3.jpg
0.jpg
1.jpg

dmurawsky

Premium Member
I was really considering a 360 until I heard that the battery life is pretty terrible. What is your experience thus far?

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
It's not as good as my pebble steel but I can easily get a days worth which is typical for android wear.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
is it worth 250?

Compared to the Apple Watch which starts at $350, I think so. I love the looks of the 360 but the best smartwatch out there for battery life, water resistance, notifications and support for both ios and android is the Pebble Steel.

Pebble-Steel.jpg

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i don't really like the look of the pebble steel. i may pull the trigger on the 360, because it looks amazing.

Illuminatio

Premium Member
My friend was really wanting this until he noticed the black portion that's at the bottom of the screen at all times due to the hardware design. I thought it wouldn't bother me too much, but he said that alone would keep him from getting it. Do you find it annoying at all or do you even notice it during daily use?

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
why in the world would they put that there? i imagine it's the camera/etc?

dmurawsky

Premium Member
The black portion is an ambient light sensor and the driver for the screen. There was no other place to put it. Most smartwatches hid the driver in a thicker bezel, but this would have affected the entire look of the watch, so they made this choice. I don't like ti much, either, but I think I could get used to it.

Ian Niswonger

Premium Member
I may be replying to this thread a little late, but I would recommend looking into a Moment Smartwatch. They are not yet released, but they have quite a promising outlook in my opinion. 30 days of battery life, NFC, 360° touchscreen interface and so much more. I personally pre-ordered one of these even after seeing everything else on the market..

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I may be replying to this thread a little late, but I would recommend looking into a Moment Smartwatch. They are not yet released, but they have quite a promising outlook in my opinion. 30 days of battery life, NFC, 360° touchscreen interface and so much more. I personally pre-ordered one of these even after seeing everything else on the market..

That looks awesome!