My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving to West coast Florida

solomon1979

I am moving to Florida(around Sarasota) and I want to visit and join a lodge. I would like to visit PHA lodges also. I am a MM raised in a blue lodge. I am wondering which PHA lodges are recognized by the UGLE that I can visit.

Freemason Connect Mobile

perryel

My understanding is that all symbolic lodges are Blue, be they Prince Hall or "Mainstream." MWPHGL of FL is regular and derives its authority from the UGLE charter granted African Lodge #459. There is no questions of recognition between PHA & UGLE; however, recognition between individual, state Grand Lodges is a different question entirely.

As a MM, you should be free to travel to a PHA lodge without concern.

Freemason Connect Mobile

solomon1979

Excellent. I guess my next question would be is if the GL of Florida accepts PHA.

Freemason Connect Mobile

FlBrother324

I am moving to Florida(around Sarasota) and I want to visit and join a lodge. I would like to visit PHA lodges also. I am a MM raised in a blue lodge. I am wondering which PHA lodges are recognized by the UGLE that I can visit.

Freemason Connect Mobile

I am a MM in Florida, Blue Lodges are under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge Of Masons of Florida. We are not affiliated ( for unknown reasons) with any PHA lodges or Grand Lines of the same.

If you are AF&AM or F&AM you will not be able to visit any of the PHA Lodges while here.

My understanding is, there is no cross recognition for PHA Brothers per Grand Lodge of Florida. Whether we as Brothers agree or not.
I believe it was proposed by the Grand Lodge of Florida through talks but they were not a accepted by the PHA Grand Lodge Of Florida Officers. ???

If you need clarification you can go to the Grand Lodge of Florida website @: glflamason.org, it has a list of all Blue Lodges. If it is not on the list it is considered clandestine and subjects the Brother ( if a Florida Mason) to suspension or expulsion from the craft.

"Thems the Rules"!

Sorry Brother,

Yours, in His Service.