MWPHGL of Texas Approves Cross Visitation!!!

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Fantastic news from Bro. Frederic L. Milliken!

"Grand Master Wilbert M. Curtis addresses his Grand Lodge, The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas. Today Prince Hall Texas approved cross visitation with the Grand Lodge of Texas AF & AM which will vote on the same in December at its Grand Session."

10801896_10205232732596464_2075517278155961242_n.jpg

2. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Outstanding news!

3. Brother JC

Brother JC Moderating Staff Staff Member

Huzzah!!

4. Jorge Rojas Jr.

Jorge Rojas Jr. Registered User

How do you think the GL of Texas will respond?

5. mkmulin

mkmulin Site Benefactor

SMIB!

6. ebojones

ebojones Registered User

I was blessed to be seated in that room when he shared that good news. I am in hopes that it happens in December, and brothers can truely be brothers.

7. Blake Bowden

If there is a vote I would expect it to pass. It's a good day to be a Mason in Texas!

8. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

I look forward to the day when this comes to pass in Alabama.

dfreybur likes this.
  9. Chaz

Chaz Registered User

It is a great day indeed!

10. bupton52

bupton52 Moderator Premium Member

Awesome news!!

Bro. Stewart P.M. likes this.
  11. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

Great news indeed. And I sure hope an implementation in December will happen.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  12. Blake Bowden

I'm still in shock. I can remember just a few years ago the resistance to change, being labeled un-Masonic not to mention the countless emails I received railing against my support of inter-visitation. It's been a long road for all Masons but the day is coming when I can sit in a Lodge with a Prince Hall Brother! I said it before, but if/when this is ratified by both Grand Lodges, it will send a huge shockwave across the jurisdictions that are still holding out. The doors are going to be blown wide open for all regular Masons! Hats off to the Brethren on both sides who worked on getting this thing done.

Raymond Walters, chrmc, RyanC and 9 others like this.
  13. tomasball

tomasball Premium Member

I don't read the word "affiliation" there?

dfreybur likes this.
  14. Brother JC

Brother JC Moderating Staff Staff Member

One step at a time, Tomas. PHTX doesn't allow plural at all (presently).

RyanC and dfreybur like this.
  15. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

On the one hand the existence of jurisdictions without multiple affiliation is not an issue having to do with historical injustices.

On the other hand the moral high ground is to offer it and let the other jurisdiction decide if they allow multiple affiliation. Undertaking an agreement that specifies a restriction, any restriction, compared to "full traditional recognition" creates a second class citizenship status.

This is a chance for the GLofTX committee on fraternal relations to rise above. Just make the vote be "full traditional recognition" and let other jurisdictions work out restrictions.

ebojones, japool and Chaz like this.
  16. NickGarner

NickGarner Premium Member

I truly hope that GLofTX votes to allow full visitation. Unfortunately I can see the same tired excuses being trotted out as to why we should not recognize our Prince Hall brethren. I think the vote by The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas to allow cross visitation is a wonderful and brilliant move. The ball is now in our Grand Lodge's court.

17. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

This is one positive step towards an enLIGHTend future that I can truely support!!

I am looking forward to December!!

Bill Lins, Chaz and always_square like this.
  18. Bro. David F. Hill

Bro. David F. Hill David F. Hill Premium Member

The tentative agreement was struck between the officers from both Grand Lodges. Interestingly, once the GM's got to talk face to face a lot of mis-conceptions were cleared up. We have voted to ratify it and now it is up to the GL of Texas to do the same. Does not allow plural membership but may allow associate membership as we allow that now. Basically you are a non-voting member of the second lodge.

Bro. Stewart P.M., dfreybur and Chaz like this.
  19. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Bro. Hill,
    Do "associate members" pay dues?

20. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

You say poh TAY tow. I say puh TAH tow. Language barriers are common among speakers of the same language.

Fun variation of details.

Share My Freemasonry