My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My emblems

Winter

Premium Member
Going dark as in closed for the summer months or has your Lodge closed for good and surrendered its Charter? If your Lodge has closed for good and you were a member in good standing at the time, your membership would have been transferred to another Lodge or the Grand Lodge itself possibly. If thsts the case, you're still a Mason and entitled to the trappings.

Bro. ricardo hardy

Going dark as in closed for the summer months or has your Lodge closed for good and surrendered its Charter? If your Lodge has closed for good and you were a member in good standing at the time, your membership would have been transferred to another Lodge or the Grand Lodge itself possibly. If thsts the case, you're still a Mason and entitled to the trappings.[/

Bloke

Premium Member
Is it ok to still wear my emblems after my lodge has gone dark?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile
Hello @Bro. ricardo hardy
Looks like you are struggling with technology.
Different places with have different views on this, regardless of your lodge has "gone dark" meaning having the usual break of the seasons or "gone dark" meaning it has handed back its Warrant (Charter)
Our view in Victoria Australia, is that unless you have been expelled from Freemasonry, we would have not problem with any Freemasons of any rank wearing the S&Q. We give pins to our ladies and kids :).
That said, I would try to find out what the rules are in your Grand Lodge (MOST WORSHIPFUL CONSOLLIDATED HIRAM GRAND LODGE AF&AM). That's not a Grand Lodge mine would recognise, but am sure they would have a policy or precedent on your question.

Brother JStoffo

Here's a good one. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on how to wear a Masonic ring. I have heard everything from wearing the emblem facing you if you have never been a Master of a Lodge and toward everyone else away from you if you have been a WM. I have heard that it depends on the day. If you need reminding that you are a Mason, wear it facing you. If you are feeling great that day, wear it facing away from you with pride to yourself and honor to the Fraternity. I hope you respond as both sources were extremely qualified.

Winter

Premium Member
Here's a good one. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on how to wear a Masonic ring. I have heard everything from wearing the emblem facing you if you have never been a Master of a Lodge and toward everyone else away from you if you have been a WM. I have heard that it depends on the day. If you need reminding that you are a Mason, wear it facing you. If you are feeling great that day, wear it facing away from you with pride to yourself and honor to the Fraternity. I hope you respond as both sources were extremely qualified.
No offense Brother, but your post has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion in this thread. It would be much more appropriate to either find a thread on this topic and necro it (just annoy Brother Nagy) or start a new one.

Bloke

Premium Member
No offense Brother, but your post has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion in this thread. It would be much more appropriate to either find a thread on this topic and necro it (just annoy Brother Nagy) or start a new one.
Same, no offense or disprespence intended, but a sincere question.. do you not regard a rings as an emblem ?

Winter

Premium Member
Same, no offense or disprespence intended, but a sincere question.. do you not regard a rings as an emblem ?
A masonic ring has masonic emblems on it. Though a ring can be an emblem itself. But my post was because the thread was about wearing emblems (I assume rings) when the Lodge is dark. Bro Stoffo posted a completely unrelated question about wearing a ring points in or out. Two completely different discussions that, would likely be better served in their own threads. Though, at the end of the day, who really cares. This board has never been overly concerned about forum etiquette and normal posting rules like other forums.

Brother JStoffo

I did a Search for Masonic Emblems and was directed to this thread. I will continue searching. Still have not gotten an answer.

Thanks

MarkR

Premium Member
The "points in or out" discussion has been done to absolute death on the internet. Please don't.

Bloke

Premium Member

I did a Search for Masonic Emblems and was directed to this thread. I will continue searching. Still have not gotten an answer.

Thanks
I just searched the forum and there are so many threads on this question, or discussion of it crept into other threads, it is actually hard to find.
So I went back to google https://www.google.com/search?q=sit...IAEGArCAg4QLhiABBixAxjHARjRAw&sclient=gws-wiz

Me, I wear it facing away from me, because for me, it is an advertisement. I don't wear my ring to remind me I am a Mason, that's just part of who I am, and how I act now...

Brother JStoffo

The only threads that I saw on the Square and Compass emblem were very old, so I am posting it here. I will apologize in advance if this is the incorrect thread for this emblem question. I saw in an old thread by Brother Bloke that you have the letter G in Australia. I was under the impression that this addition was only in the USA. What other countries include the letter G inside of the Square and compasses? In Latin America, would it be the letter D?