My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My journey so far

JanneProeliator

Hello brethren

i haven't been posting here a lot latelly.I taught I would post somethignt hat is kind of up to date of how my journey has gone so far.

Some of you might remember that my journey started with bit of difficulties as I didn't knew that i knew some freemasons. It took me couple of years to get hold of some Finnish brethren and finally brethren from my city. Freemasonry is not that open in Finland as it is in many other countrys.
After I was initiated it was really fun to be part of the lodge and I felt warmly wellcomed to the brotherhood.
I joined Mark Master Masons pretty fast after my third degree and I am now petitioning to Royal Arch. I joined Widows Sons Masonic riders association two years ago. Wolr dwide Widows Sons brotherhood played key role that I was ever introduced to freemasons in Finland.
I have served as an officer since I was raised to third degree. I am currently sr. Master of ceremonies (position that usually is not found in US) and will be senior deacon next. In MMM I'm appointed as crawler (not sure if this is the name of the position in english)
I was also appointed to communications committee of Grand lodge of Finland last week. For this I am very excited. TO be such a your brother and I was asked to join this committee by grandmasters councill.
I just hope this covid thing goes by and we can meet normally again.

So how have you all been latelly?

JanneProeliator

Me good !
Hope you are too.

How many Freemasons were there in Finland ?
I have been good too. Studying a lot because I decided to do something radical and I started at the university last september at the tender age of 41. :D
In Finland pre Covid we had around 8000 masons (F&AM) There is also couple of lodges under Swedis rite (we have mutual regognition) that has I think around 100 members. I'm pretty sure we have less mason by the end of the year that we had at the end of 2019. Witch is sad. The trend has been slowly growing every year before Covid happened.

There is also Ledroit humaine and Swedish Female masons in Finland but I heard they are strugling alot to keep the numbers they have. LDH has only around ten lodges left and Female masonry has never been very big.

JanneProeliator

I taught that it is time to write something about how the things in here are going.
Finally next week I have my Royal Arch degree. I am so excited for that.
I have been working as a senior deacon in my lodge for a year now and will continue as so next year. In my Mark lodge I work as a junior deacon and continue to do so the next year.

We had our first part of the 100 years festivities here in Finland this year. We had a great weekend with Huge meeting for Suomi lodge No.1 100 years anniversary,. Grand masters of Finland and New York where present and well over 150 brethren. AT the evening there was a concert where the band played music that masons have written It was great.