My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My son

dfreybur

Premium Member

Since Masonry is a gigantic engine for teaching vocabulary I'll add the word pulses and the term "nitrogen fixing".

Legumes are nitrogen fixing plants that are grown for their seeds and seed pods to be eaten by humans. Beans, lentils and peas. The fact that soy beans are widely fed to livestock does not matter for the term as soy beans are eaten by very many humans.

Pulses are legumes that are dried. Also beans, lentils and peas. But green beans, sweet peas, edamame are legumes but not pulses as they are eaten fresh not dried.

There are all sorts of overlap in the terms. Clover is a nitrogen fixing crop but as it is targeted at cattle it doesn't count as a legume in the dietary sense. Peanuts are peas not nuts. When I "Visualize whorled peas" I picture people of many lands sharing peanut butter.

A fun aspect of legumes is they count as both meat substitutes and veggie substitutes. Or as both meat substitutes and veggies if you count beans as a type of veggie. When I wrote "meat and veggies, legumes and fruit" I could have written "meat and meat substitutes, veggies and veggie substitutes" but not all that many people think of fruit as "veggie substitutes".

dlacaille

Premium Member
My wife and son got me into DW. Can't rave enough about it.

As to eating right... It's just so dang hard when life has other priorities for you. At least in the US, it's go-go-go and it gets tougher with a family and both parents work.

Guess I should really make more use of my 24-inch gauge eh?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

The Traveler

My oldest went through something similar when she was around that age. Prayers and patience to you and your family.

fmasonlog

We have been dealing with emotional and behavioral issues with my son since he we about 4....hes 9 now....well yesterday he had a meltdown at school and admitted to the childrens phsyc center. He has adhd and they now think anxiety. Hes gonna be in the hospital up to a week for counseling and observation.....please keep him in ur prayers as he is very scared being in the hospital.

Hope everything is well now, brother.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

GGG

Site Benefactor
Just to let you know, I have a 15 yo son with adhd and dopamine insufficiency. After years in struggle, ritalin and other stuff, we accepted and embraced his behaviour. Now 1 year medicine free, changed school and we have a year of lots of verbal fights and slamming doors, but hey, I have my son back, and not the shady zombie version. Once, a doctor explained to me: your son is like a symphonic orchestra: every musician knows what to do but there is no conductor. This made me think of his qualities, rather than his flaws.

GGG

Site Benefactor
My son is far from a zombie. But i like the symphony comparison...question is how do u get a conductor there?

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app
You don't :) You dismantle the orchestra and make them all solo musicians. Everything takes a bit longer, they all have an ego but there is room for improvisation therefore the result is much more surprising and interesting. Who needs an orchestra if you have perfect soloists? ;)