My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my story

E

eagle1966

While growing up I never knew my grandfather, he had died long before I was born. The times the family had funerals we would go the the cemetery and I would see his tombstone that had a funny symbol on it. Later when I worked for the city, there was a guy "Henry" who everyone asked to show us the secret handshake, he never did.
then another place I worked seemed that all the supervisors were masons, I with others had many talks about the masons, however we knew nothing about them except they were our suprvisors.
based on these conversations, I decide that I would find out about what masons were, I could remember as a boys some other boys came by my grandma's house and took me and bought me some new shoes ( Demolay)
well I found an interesting book in the public library that had a lot of info in it
Then I saw Clyde lodge was having an open installation of officers, so I went to see masons in action after that I wrote secratary a letter asking him how one became a mason, he called me next day a said come down and get a petition
that's the story and now 19 years later I have been master of the lodge twice and said in all the chairs but Treasurer