My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My story

Nate C.

I did not grow up with any direct exposure to Masons although I later learned that several family members from previous generations were members. After graduating college and embarking on my career in Bryan Texas, I found myself working alongside a very respectable gentleman (call him Clyde) who always wore a little square and compass lapel pin. After making inquiry, I obtained a petition from Clyde sometime around 1996. As I moved on to Fort Worth due to work, I found that I was again working alongside coworkers whom I deeply respected who called one another 'Brother' (call them Alan and Charlie.) I continued to carry that petition, waiting until I settled down in one place.

A few years went by, and I landed in Los Angeles. I still had that petition from years ago, and about 2003 I decided I had waited long enough. I sought out the nearest Lodge, visited and met the brethren and was disapointed to learn I had not resided in the jurisdiction of the GL of California long enough to petition a lodge. They said "Just come on back when the time is up", but I got distracted with a career and a year and a half went by before I returned. I was finally initiated in September 2004 and ultimately raised in March 2006.

I must have been living right because I had an opportunity to get back to Texas later that year and it didn't take too long before I found a vibrant and energetic Lodge in my new hometown to affiliate with.

Last edited by a moderator: