My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need your prayers

cemab4y

Premium Member
I have been here for abt 8wks I am going in for the electric shock treatments on Monday October 19

Peck1988

My brothers, ten (10) years of service in Iraq/Afghanistan have taken a toll on me. I have had two co-workers killed, and a friend lost a hand in combat. I have seen a man explode right in front of me. I have had several close calls, and I have almost been killed several times. Only by luck and the grace of the Supreme Architect, am I still alive.

I have suffered a severe mental breakdown, and I crawled into bed with a plastic bag, ready to make the final journey.

Fortunately, the Veterans administration, and the Defense Department is taking mental illness seriously. Each day, twenty (20) veterans of Iraq/Afghanistan commit suicide. This does include civilian contractors who have also crossed over.

I am getting the help I need to recover, and to control the depression, which is gripping me, and has done so for the last 20 years.

Imagine living with a growling, snarling beast, that can destroy you in ten seconds. The beast is temporarily controlled with drugs, but the drugs can fail.

I am at a Veteran’s Affairs facility in Maryland, trying to make the journey back to mental health. I often have severe crying spells, and I have to be sedated.

Please keep Larisa and me in your prayers.

Freedom is not free. We each pay for the privilege in different ways.

Charles E. Martin
Perry Point Maryland

Hello my brother

My name is Scott am 27, I live in the UK, England
I work as a security officer in my local hospital,
Part of my job role is simple things like car parking, site patrols just making sure everything is ok, the other part is dealing with everything from drunks, drug users and also mental health, in my 9 years I've seen the effects of mental health, I've seen everything from overdoses, self harm also people who want to harm people, even mothers who try to harm their new born baby I've had to stand (well sit) guard and watch every move the mother makes, a number of times I've had to rush a room with people trying to cut them selfs or trying to attack staff, after 9 years I've come to respect anyone who is dealing with mental health, brother remember you are not alone always talk, never be afraid to talk, even doh my situation is not like yours I've seen things that will stick with me for life I found just talking to my partner and even just getting her to hug me why I cry has helped never let your ego get in the way, never hold it in, just because someone else got over their situation quicker doesn't mean there's no hope, you will be in my prays my brother.

Look to the east, find the bright star, walk with me my brother and we shall find the light we seek.

cemab4y

Premium Member
If anyone is in the Baltimore
Md area I would be delighted to have a visitor
Also if anyone is in the WashDC area, my wife is having a difficult time
And a visit would help her as well.

My church has been terrific, even donating some items. For the vets here.

Many of the vets here, have alcohol and drug issues,and the drink coffee. The local lodge donated some coffee and sugar.

Also we love candy, and the,lodge donated some candy.

Last edited:

cemab4y

Premium Member
I got the first electric shock treatment today. I did not feel a thing, I was anesthesized. Only side effect is my jaw muscles are weak and sore.

I have connected with a lodge here in Baltimore, and I believe I will get a visit soon. I have everything I need here, but the vets can always use games, playing cards, toiletries, etc.

Derek Harvey

You have my prayers brother. I too am a veteran. It can be hard sometime. Try focusing on where you are going instead of where you have been. Don't forget your experience because it's a part of you. Start looking to your future. Your brothers are always here for you.

cemab4y

Premium Member
I completed the 6th of 6 shock treatments today. I will relocate to the VA hospital at Perry Point MD, for a week or so. The end of the hospitalization is in sight.