My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nells in King Solomon’s Temple?

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
Bells in King Solomon’s Temple?

Were there any bells in King Solomon’s Temple?

Last edited by a moderator:

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Exodus
39:25 They made pure gold bells, and placed the bells between the pomegranates. [The bells] were thus all around on the bottom of the robe between the pomegranates.
39:26 There was a bell and a pomegranate, a bell and a pomegranate, all around the bottom of the robe.
[It was thus made] for the divine service, as God had commanded Moses.

I found a book online (King Solomon's First Temple By E. Cromwell Mensch) that makes refrence to this scripture on pg 289 it says that the when Hiram was desinging the pillars from Moses robe, that the bells were not just bells woven onto cloth they were actual bells? It goes further to say that Hiram probably did not want to make actual bells and choose lilly work as a sub.

Then I found this in the Maonic quiz book so I am kinda confused but feel somewhat smarter none the less. "The use of bells in the 3rd degree is manifestly an anachronism b/c bells were not invented till the fifth century."

here is the link to the online book it looks like a great read I just read a few pages back and foward of 289
http://books.google.com/books?id=YY...&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result