My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 32nd Degree information overload

MasterShake

Hello all! Received my 32nd (and many other degrees) this past weekend at the Valley's reunion.

Anyone else feel "Masonic Overload" after sitting through their class?

I thoroughly enjoyed the event however, I find myself uninterested in the Masonic books I've been studying!

chrmc

I definitely feel that way after any reunion, and are not a fan of them at all. I can however understand why the SR does it, but believe it would be better to take them as individual degrees.
My advice to you would be to select a couple that speak to you and focus on them whether it be through studies, the discussion clubs or seeing them at another reunion.

MasterShake

Thanks. I appreciate the advice! There are a few I would really like to see. At least I now have the option to choose which ones I want to sit through.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I, too, received my degrees last weekend at the Reunion of the Valley of Louisville and understand EXACTLY what you mean by information overload. However, all of the candidates received a copy of the book "A Bridge to Light" by author Rex R. Hutchens and it does a great job of explaining each of the degrees. I am still reading it and highly recommend it.

dfreybur

Premium Member
The first time I experienced overload in a degree was under half way through the lecture of the first degree! I have come to think of it as a standard experience in Masonry.

It's why we are encouraged to keep coming back. Somehow we forget to chant "Keep coming back. It works if you work it". What with that chant coming from that other group over there .... ;^)

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
The first time I experienced overload in a degree was under half way through the lecture of the first degree! I have come to think of it as a standard experience in Masonry.
Absolutely agree! I actually remember very little of my EA initiation and it was just over a year and a half ago. I learned much more about the EA, FC, and MM rituals by observing others go through them than I did going through them myself.