My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New entered apprentice

David612

Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself as last night I had my first degree in Canberra, Australia lodge 612 and although I remember so little of it the fellowship shown to me by my new brethren had been over whelming, I was really taken aback.
We had many visiting worshipful masters and I have been invited to visit many lodges in the coming weeks, I'm really looking forward to getting started on my craft.

CLewey44

Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself as last night I had my first degree in Canberra, Australia lodge 612 and although I remember so little of it the fellowship shown to me by my new brethren had been over whelming, I was really taken aback.
We had many visiting worshipful masters and I have been invited to visit many lodges in the coming weeks, I'm really looking forward to getting started on my craft.
Congrats, brother!

Bloke

Premium Member
G'day Australia from Melbourne :) I am a Past Master of two Victorian Lodges and am please to see another Aussie here !

Drop me a line of you ever come to Melbourne !

David612

G'day Australia from Melbourne :) I am a Past Master of two Victorian Lodges and am please to see another Aussie here !

Drop me a line of you ever come to Melbourne !
Will do, thank you for the kind welcome brother.
I have been advised to do all the visiting I can, with 6 local lodges I'd like to get to all of them soon but my business does take me around from time to time so I may just take you up on that.

Bloke

Premium Member
Will do, thank you for the kind welcome brother.
I have been advised to do all the visiting I can, with 6 local lodges I'd like to get to all of them soon but my business does take me around from time to time so I may just take you up on that.
You'd be most welcome and visiting is very good advice.

Mother Lodge meets on 2nd Thurs, another lodge on 1st Sat (but known to change, in Aug we're in Tassie). Both are fairly close to Melbourne CBD and public transport.

David612

I was presented with 2 lapel pins through the night and was advised that we as masons should wear them whenever we feel we want too, I was taken aback as I had heard the square and compass should only be worn by master masons, that said the guidance given too me by all those I have met in the craft has been great and the intention of sparking conversation amoung people about the craft is a good thing in my mind.

Last edited: