New Scottish Rite (SJ) LoP

Discussion in 'The Scottish Rite' started by MarkR, Sep 3, 2017.

1. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

I'm excited about a new adventure I'm involved in. I was a late-comer to the organization efforts, but was one of the signers requesting the Supreme Council to approve the formation of a new Lodge of Perfection in southwest Minnesota. The brothers who started the idea did so because it is an "under-served" area, where brothers either don't join Scottish Rite, or don't participate, because it's so far to the nearest Valleys (Rochester and/or Minneapolis.)

At the just-completed biennial session, we were approved to begin work. We will be located out of St. James Minnesota, and expect to move activities around, providing opportunity for brethren in the aforementioned Minnesota area, plus eastern South Dakota and northern Iowa. I was appointed Personal Representative for the new "Blue Sky Lodge of Perfection." I will continue to be involved in the Rochester Valley as well, as I will be installed as Wise Master of the Chapter of Rose Croix next year.

Wish us luck!

2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Sounds like a good time. Question...is it just the LoP or all 4 bodies?

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

3. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Just the LoP. Who knows what the future will hold.

4. Ripcord22A

So how will membership work? New bros will be members there and another valley for the other bodies?

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations and good luck Brother.

6. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Yeah, Minnesota already has another stand-alone LoP in Hibbing; the brothers there go to Duluth for the remaining degrees. Our members will either already be members of a valley (I'll continue to be active in the Rochester Valley) but live too far away to be active, and just want to have a body easier to attend. Or our new members can choose to go to Rochester, Minneapolis, or Sioux Falls if they want to continue on to 32°. There's no requirement that I'm aware of to go beyond LoP if you don't want to. A 14° is a voting member of the Rite.

Raymond Walters and Ripcord22A like this.
  7. Ripcord22A

That's interesting

Share My Freemasonry