Newly Elected Worshipful Master

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by mrpierce17, Dec 6, 2018.

1. mrpierce17

mrpierce17 KOP Council director / Lodge instructor Premium Member

I was elected to the chair of Worshipful Master of my Lodge on last Saturday there is much work for me ahead this will not be an easy task but then again nothing worth while ever is any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

Winter, LK600, CLewey44 and 2 others like this.
  2. Bro. David F. Hill

Bro. David F. Hill David F. Hill Premium Member

Remember that there is a lot difference between a leader and a boss. I have a library of books to share with you if you want me to. They are in PDF and stored online. Send me a message with your email address if you want me to share.

Brother David Hill

3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Congratulations Brother !

mrpierce17 likes this.
  4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations Brother! My next meeting will be the last as my first time as Master of a lodge. My advice is to listen to the council of Past Master who have been there and done that. However, do not let anyone "bully" you into doing anything that you do not want to do or not doing something that you want to do. As I said at the beginning of my time as Master...."I listen to and carefully consider advice but I do not take orders".

mrpierce17 and Todd M. Stewart like this.
  5. Todd M. Stewart

Todd M. Stewart Premium Member

Congratulations! First and foremost do not hesitate to ask for help and advice from Past Masters. The Brother that proceeded me in the East had been WM twice. I asked him to be my Chaplain, and it was one of the best decisions I could have made. Having that voice of experience sitting next to me was invaluable. Hopefully you have had a chance to attend your jurisdiction's Grand Lodge annual communication when your were in the South and West. Make every effort to attend as WM as it will have a plethora of information for you. Lastly, do not take everything upon yourself. Delegation is key to accomplishment. May your year in the East be as memorable and enjoyable as mine was.

mrpierce17 likes this.
  6. The Traveling Man

The Traveling Man Registered User

Congratulations Worshipful-Elect. I was just installed as Worshipful Master of my Lodge 10 days ago. Look well to the East!

Bloke and dfreybur like this.
  7. Warrior1256

Congratulations Brother! I just left the East a week ago. I had a great time. I hope you do as well. Again, congratulations!

Ripcord22A likes this.
  8. HerrickMusic

HerrickMusic Registered User

I too have been elected and installed as the WM in my lodge. I have a very well experienced Chaplain and SW , so I know everything will run smoothly. Are there any books or literature that anyone could recommend to help us new WM’s? Look well to the East and good luck mrpierce17!!!

Warrior1256 likes this.
  9. Warrior1256

Congratulations Brother.

HerrickMusic likes this.
  10. HerrickMusic

Thank you Warrior1256!

SMIB Brother!!!

Warrior1256 likes this.
  11. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Congrats !

"Washtenaw Chapter # 6, RAM of MI" - now that is something I don't see often in American Signatures - Royal Ark Mariners, yes ?

12. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

More likely Royal Arch Mason... Mariners are part of AMD here.

Bloke likes this.
  13. The Traveling Man

It's Royal Arch Mason. But I am also a Royal Ark Mariner, as a member of AMD.

Sent from my SM-G930P using My Freemasonry mobile app

Bloke likes this.
  14. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Ahhh.. interesting - for Royal Arch - we normally write HRA or simply Chapter.. are the Mariners a stand alone organization with its own Peak Body ?

15. The Traveling Man

Some Jurisdictions use HRA or HRAM for Royal Arch. Michigan uses RAM. Royal Ark Mariner is not a standalone body in Michigan. I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe it's a standalone body in any U.S. Jurisdiction. Canada has Royal Ark Mariner Lodges and many Companions from Michigan go there and join that Lodge. I believe I will be doing the same in 2019, as the Royal Ark Mariner Lodge does not recognize the AMD's Royal Ark Mariner degree, and vice versa.

16. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

@Bloke Because of the American amalgamation HRA is only one degree within a Chapter. I send my dues to Santa Fe Chapter 1, Royal Arch Masons.
    And as mentioned before, the Mariners are under an umbrella grand body (Allied Masonic Degrees).

Raymond Walters likes this.
  17. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Council of PMs? What exactly do they do? While PMs are an integral part of a Lodge, having a council of them seems like it gives them “power” that they shouldn’t have......

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

18. Winter

Winter Premium Member

I believe he meant to listen to the council, or advice, or wisdom, of the PM's. Not they were formed into a body known as a Council.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  19. HerrickMusic

Nearly everyone in my lodge is a PM! There won’t be any shortage of advice, I’m sure! lol

I got to sit in the East one time as SW a few months ago, because our WM wanted to test me... Everything went really well, and I didn’t get stuck anywhere. The PM’s at my lodge seem very helpful, and we will see how things go this Thursday as I sit in the East as the WM for real this time!

Look well to the East my brethren and SMIB!!!

20. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Well @warrior needs to learn to spell then...hahaha....lol

Counsel*

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry