My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newly knighted

Kalip78

I'm on the train from Germany to Poland as I was installed as KT and KM in Great Priory of Germany. I must say I'm in love with both degrees, they unite three of my life passions: for Christianity, for Freemasonry and for medieval history. All inclusive, what a weekend!

I was wondering what was the reason to put KM as a first degree in the USA and KT as first in Europe. Some says, that as an institution KM were born first and this explains American position. But KT's were first as order against of knighthood and this explains European position. But there is another one. When the Order of the Temple was destroyed by king of France and Roman pope, many regular knights joined the Order of Malta (I'm not talking about those who were burned on stakes). And this is my explanation of European model since Saturday's ritual. :)

Frats from Poland!

Last edited:

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
As for the Americans, it's difficult to trace all the changes wrought by stuffing the Orders into a "rite" with multiple other degrees and no continuous time- or story-line.
It is interesting to note, though, that the only required jewel for an American Masonic KT is the Malta Cross.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I'm on the train from Germany to Poland as I was installed as KT and KM in Great Priory of Germany. I must say I'm in love with both degrees, they unite three of my life passions: for Christianity, for Freemasonry and for medieval history. All inclusive, what a weekend!

I was wondering what was the reason to put KM as a first degree in the USA and KT as first in Europe. Some says, that as an institution KM were born first and this explains American position. But KT's were first as order against of knighthood and this explains European position. But there is another one. When the Order of the Temple was destroyed by king of France and Roman pope, many regular knights joined the Order of Malta (I'm not talking about those who were burned on stakes). And this is my explanation of European model since Saturday's ritual. :)

Frats from Poland!
If by KM you mean Knights Masons that is its own body if im not mistaken and not related to the KT in America? Could a YR brother confirm?

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app